Extended Warranty

AIA

Hey, my fellow auto insurance agents!

Just wanted to ask your opinion about this company I recently came across, Warranty Agents. On their website, they say that they pay $500 commission per sale, plus free access to real time insurance leads. Has Has anybody worked with them? I would like to try them, but before I do that, thought may be I should check their reputation first.

warrantyagents dot com

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Vlada, licensed auto insurance agent.

Hey, my fellow auto insurance agents!

Just wanted to ask your opinion about this company I recently came across, Warranty Agents. On their website, they say that they pay $500 commission per sale, plus free access to real time insurance leads. Has Has anybody worked with them? I would like to try them, but before I do that, thought may be I should check their reputation first.

warrantyagents dot com

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Vlada, licensed auto insurance agent.

While not an auto agent, I have sold "extended auto warranties" (I know, I know)......most of them are scams, especially on vehicles like a Toyoyta Prius, huge cancellation rates........if you don't like to 1 call close, I wouldn't bother......actually I wouldn't bother with it at all......but if you can't see that some sales are impulse purchases and you need to strike while the iron is hot, then you may be better off to flush your $$ down the drain.:1arghh:

The only legit warranties are those sold by the dealership.

While not an auto agent, I have sold "extended auto warranties" (I know, I know)......most of them are scams, especially on vehicles like a Toyoyta Prius, huge cancellation rates........if you don't like to 1 call close, I wouldn't bother......actually I wouldn't bother with it at all......but if you can't see that some sales are impulse purchases and you need to strike while the iron is hot, then you may be better off to flush your $$ down the drain.:1arghh:

The only legit warranties are those sold by the dealership.

Back in the day when I managed a Honda dealership we sold a company called Acceleration Insurance Extended Warranty. They were out of Dublin, Ohio.

They never turned ANYTHING down. Our service manager loved them. Then a few years later Honda brought out their own extended warranty. It wasn't too bad but they did nit-pick stuff more than Acceleration did.

I have benefited from extended warranties on GPS (back when they were a $1,000 item), treadmills (wife wears them out), and microwave ovens ($30 for 4-years, hell yeah!)

I did buy a store one at Circuit City that is a POS on my big screen TV.

For the benefit of the married guys on the forum, how did you get her to do that?

I married her that way. She's just one of "them" people. can't start her day until she has ran 5 miles. I'm the couch potato in our marriage.

I understand all the skepticism. I was skeptic for a while, too. However, I decided to sign with Warranty Agents, anyway. In these tough economic times, any extra cash is welcome :).
Plus, their warranty plans are insurance-backed up. I called them up, and they told me that they work with warranty companies like Royal Administration and Interstate (there's a lot more, I just can't think of all the names right now). And, those companies have been around forever.

So, what's the worst that can happen? :)
I'll let everybody know, how it worked out for me.
Thanks for your feedback.

I understand all the skepticism. I was skeptic for a while, too. However, I decided to sign with Warranty Agents, anyway. In these tough economic times, any extra cash is welcome :).
Plus, their warranty plans are insurance-backed up. I called them up, and they told me that they work with warranty companies like Royal Administration and Interstate (there's a lot more, I just can't think of all the names right now). And, those companies have been around forever.

So, what's the worst that can happen? :)
I'll let everybody know, how it worked out for me.
Thanks for your feedback.

I think you'd be better off selling another line of insurance to generate additional income, plus warranty cancellations are worse than FE insurance, FYI...

Thank a lot for the info. And, what is FE insurance, pardon my ignorance :)

Back