Farmers Appointment in SoCal..need Advice

Believe me, you'd be nuts to take a Farmers appointment over a State Farm appointment. State Farm is not perfect but far better than Farmers. Just look at www.ufaa.com and read the Farmers agent's new contract. It is the worst I have ever read!

Believe me, you'd be nuts to take a Farmers appointment over a State Farm appointment. State Farm is not perfect but far better than Farmers. Just look at www.ufaa.com and read the Farmers agent's new contract. It is the worst I have ever read!

Personally I would go with Farmers or SF. The reason I said choose Farmers is I don't think you have agents investing the kind of money that is leading to bankruptcy that is occuring under the current SF contract. At SF you make a huge investment and then you can't walk away once you learn what you are up against. It is much easier to walk away at Farmers.

Believe me, if State Farm approved you, it means that you are financially stable and their washout rate is low, but their quotas are tough, but they seem to always give you a book to help get you started, albeit with a reduced commission.

I'm not saying SF is easy. It depends on your area lie anything else no insurance company is competitive everywhere. If I were in the midwest I would look at SF. If I were on the west coat I woud look at Zarmers, but even then I wouldn't trust Farmers because their washout is so high!!! I have many experienced SF agents grossing over $400k in their agencies. Neither of these companies are growing (GWP) organically. If you need experience and a book try one of these companies and then leave with your experience and get some real contracts!

Back