Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Auto Insurance Forum

Reply to At-fault Accident : Should I Get Damage to Own Vehicle Assessed ?     
Old 08-22-2017, 03:31 PM   #11
Guru
VolAgent on At-fault Accident : Should I Get Damage to Own Vehicle Assessed ?

State: VolAgent is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
VolAgent is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
At-fault Accident : Should I Get Damage to Own Vehicle Assessed ? Re: At-fault Accident : Should I Get Damage to Own Vehicle Assessed ?
Originally Posted by adjusterjack View Post

You still haven't explained why you think the car seat was damaged.

Post a photo of your car damage if you like. See "Manage Attachments" below your message space under Additional Options.
Seriously, what Josh and DJS both said. "Report an accident, get a new car seat." Not sure if it is law, but definitely standard here as well. I never did, but they were always fender benders, I wasn't even sore so I didn't bother. And I didn't know at the time either.

------------------------------------
You can pay the premium or you can own the loss.
  Reply With Quote to At-fault Accident : Should I Get Damage to Own Vehicle Assessed ?
Old 08-22-2017, 04:57 PM   #12
Super Genius
adjusterjack on At-fault Accident : Should I Get Damage to Own Vehicle Assessed ?

State: adjusterjack is an Insurance Agent from Arizona
At-fault Accident : Should I Get Damage to Own Vehicle Assessed ? Re: At-fault Accident : Should I Get Damage to Own Vehicle Assessed ?
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
It's a child car seat and those are recommended to replace after any accident. It's like dropping a helmet.
I do agree that, when in doubt, replace but a car seat cushioned by two regular seats is hardly like dropping a helmet, unless you dropped your helmet on your Lazy Boy recliner.
  Reply With Quote to At-fault Accident : Should I Get Damage to Own Vehicle Assessed ?
Old 08-22-2017, 05:02 PM   #13
Guru
Josh on At-fault Accident : Should I Get Damage to Own Vehicle Assessed ?

State: Josh is an Insurance Agent from Virginia
Josh is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
I do agree that, when in doubt, replace but a car seat cushioned by two regular seats is hardly like dropping a helmet, unless you dropped your helmet on your Lazy Boy recliner.
We have different risk tolerances. If the bumper fell off the lazy boy, I would get a new helmet.
Old 08-22-2017, 05:08 PM   #14
Guru
VolAgent on At-fault Accident : Should I Get Damage to Own Vehicle Assessed ?

State: VolAgent is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
VolAgent is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
So the previous standard was to replace after every crash. It seems the NHTSA's standards have relaxed.

https://saferide4kids.com/blog/restraints-after-crash/

You can pay the premium or you can own the loss.
Reply to At-fault Accident : Should I Get Damage to Own Vehicle Assessed ? 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Auto Insurance Forum