FSC Needed

FSC Rater - go to Comparative Rater for California, Arizona, and Nevada | Insurance Agent Software | Vertafore and fill out the 'next steps' piece, or simply call them at the number on the bottom of the webpage.

For MVR's, its a 2 part process. You have to get requester codes from the DMV and also have a provider for the data. The data company will give you the forms to request the codes from the DMV and tell you how to fill it out correctly.

A few companies that provide MVR's that will load into FSC....
imvrs.com
mvrs.com

Just a warning.... you will hit the floor when you find out how much FSC Rater is per month. Make sure you have paid your health premium before asking for the cost. Then realize it may be less than your health premium, at least if you are paying for a family :) It is the king though.

Dan

i know how much each mvr is, but the FSC rater have no clue, hope i don't go bankrupt cuz of those two :)

Why do you want FSC so bad, and why pay for MVR's? I dont pay for ANY reports, except Flo charges if the policy reports ran on arent written

FSC has some huge advantages over other raters such as ezlynx. Okay, some disadvantages as well. I've used both, and can tell you both have big frustration points for me, but FSC gives me whatever rates I want (almost). I want Geico rates? got'm. Want State Farm rates? got'm. Mercury? Progressive? Safeco? Travelers? whatever, got'm. Even if I'm not appointed with that carrier.

So, I sit in front of a client, put his stuff in, out comes a list of 30 carriers and their quotes for the risk. Okay, I may not have half these carriers, but, I make sure one of my carriers is at the top of the list. We talk. No need to shop further, I've shopped this for you with virtually everyone. Sign here.

There are MANY caveats to this approach, but only FSC gives you this ability in the same way.

If you work the non-standard market, having FSC in CA is almost a requirement. A lot of non-standard carriers use this as their rating tool.

Dan

I agree Dan, without FSC it is impossible to give the client variety of rates, its a great tool. but i wish there was a competition in FSC companies, it seems there is a monopoly in getting that system.

Dan,

Do you have any idea if those other rates (Geico, state farm, etc) are accurate? I know most of our carriers are accurate but there are some that are off by a small amount, some have been off $50-100.

I've considered that same approach but wasn't sure what I would do if a competitor showed up lower priced when I'm rating it with the client sitting right there. Any advice on that situation?

It depends.

I here FSC does some rate modeling for carriers but the captive carrier rates won't be updated between the requested modelings (i.e., the captive may not provide updated rates).

On carriers they get rate data from, they guarantee the quote (based on info entered). On carriers they don't, well, obviously they don't guarantee it.

Advice? Never have your monitor where the client sees it till you want them to. Also, if a carrier has significantly lower rates than I can provide, I might ask them if they want to go there. Seriously. A few dollars they won't bother. Big rate impacts, yep, they might. Do whats right for the client. Tell them to have their friends come in and see if you can find them better rates.

Dan

its 247 / month for 40 carrier list and like 265 for unlimited listings.

I dont know if its too late but if you call fcs at the end of the month when their sales people are in need of accounts you can get them to waive the $350 start up fee ;)

Dan,

Do you have any idea if those other rates (Geico, state farm, etc) are accurate? I know most of our carriers are accurate but there are some that are off by a small amount, some have been off $50-100.

I've considered that same approach but wasn't sure what I would do if a competitor showed up lower priced when I'm rating it with the client sitting right there. Any advice on that situation?

There is a very easy way to see if the direct carrier's rates are recent in FSC Rater. When selecting the carrier in the setup you can see when the rate was updated last.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
does anyone know how to get FSC rater, and whats the process of connecting to dmv for mvrs? Thanks

The easiest way to get FSC Rater is to call their sales rep Tyler Nicholson who can be reached at 626.552.8224 or by email [email protected]
Tyler has been with FSC well before the company was bought by Vertafore and can show you how to use it the correct way so that the price difference will made up 10 fold it n extra sales that it will generate.

Last edited:
Back