Game Plan

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Well I am finally getting close to starting my agency and here is my game plan. I just got my e&o coverage and finished my business plan and website. So now it is time to get contract so I can sell insurance finally. I am planning on using Smart Choice and Iriqoius Group so I can have binding authority and my name on the policies. The only problem is that some of the carriers I want aren't available through wholesalers. I want at least 10 companies to start out. Here is my list

Safeco
Infinity
Progressive
Mercury
Travelers
The Hartford
Commerce West
Bristol West
Unitrin
Ecompass
San Diego Auto Insurance
San Diego Car Insurance

I have a really large goal of selling a million dollars worth of insurance in the first year on business. This would give me about $150,000 in commission not including all the expenses. I know it might be unrealistic, but have a well thoughout game plan for my Internet Marketing. Selling over the phone 99% of the time as well.

Last edited:
I am not sure what it is like in California, but how many years of experience do you have in P&C?

Are Smart Choice and Iriqoius Group MGA's? If you don't have any experience I can see maybe needing one, but if you talk with the territory reps from the carriers you want to appoint you should be able to get direct appointments.

1 Million in premium in your first year is an awesome goal, what retention level are you aiming for? Internet business has the worst retention of everything IMHO, GEICO is around a 47% retention or something horrid like that.

Back