Geico Policy Change Fee

Rrruuunnn

I added a car to my policy. I was not told that I'd be charged $746.14 to add a car on top of the $361.00 monthly rate. Rip off and shady.

Apparently they advertise so much that they feel they can treat customers like crap. I'm changing.

I added a subaru legacy. It is supposed to be top ten lowest to insure. Has every safety feature including eyesight. My monthly is already 361.00.

I didn't remove. I kept both the minivan and the subaru. If I knew they were going to charge that much. I would have waited until i sold the minivan.

Besides the fact that its not common. They didnt mention it. It is a rip off. And you agreeing to this just proves my point that geico sucks.

You are telling me that my rate should increase almost three times for adding one low rate car. That is punishing customer loyalty

How many companies did you shop around with before you started contributing your premium dollars towards said commercials?

sounds to me like you either didn't shop around enough, or didn't look in the right places.

unless you live in a very expensive auto insurance state (e.g. MI,WV,LA), have a horrible driving record and/or are very young, you should been able to smoke those rates. both before and after you added the subaru.

I think you simply need to do more shopping around (preferably one with an agent this time, instead of an 800 number with a lizard as a mascot). ;)

Actually I had a long conversation with my insurance agent and bookkeeper. It was a calculated decision for reasons that I can not talk about. I have to stay with Geico either way until the next few months. I just didn't expect Geico to be such a let down.

I already know that state farm and liberty mutual are the lowest rates.

Besides the fact that its not common. They didnt mention it. It is a rip off.

when you add a vehicle to a policy, the premium almost always goes up. doesn't matter which company you have. they didn't rip you off or treat you unfairly. it's just that their rates suck in your case. time to move on to another carrier.

And you agreeing to this just proves my point that geico sucks.

believe me, no agent on here is taking up for the lizard. agents don't like companies that don't use agents. ;)

You are telling me that my rate should increase almost three times for adding one low rate car. That is punishing customer loyalty

it should not increase X3. time to shop around.

Back