GM Too Far Gone?

Before they get any help one very important requirement, that is overlooked, should be that they learn to make a good automobile. Ya know, like Toyota and Honda.

Before they get any help one very important requirement, that is overlooked, should be that they learn to make a good automobile. Ya know, like Toyota and Honda.

GM execs, AIG execs, Citigroup, and the UAW leaders. We need to issue a warrant for the arrest of all of them. Hopefully that is what they are building those katrina concentration camps for. Put Blagobitch, Burris, and all that crap in with them too. The public should not have to even hear about them again. Some of the rank and file members of the UAW should be allowed to leave the country and go to Cuba as an alternative to going to one of the camps provided that they were not in a decision-making capacity.

Obama should be informed that there has been a recount and the results of the last election has been invalidated. He also should be allowed to go to Cuba. Any belongings still remaining in the White House after the 24 hour notice to vacate will be forwarded to him in Havana.

GM could have built the car that the public wanted. Instead we are going to fund them to get the car that Pelosi thinks should be built.

Last edited:
When the fuel market started going north years ago what was GM's answer? Fuel economy? Dependability?

HELL NO... that makes sense.

They offered 0% interest rates, employee pricing, and discounts on their unwanted crap.

When that didn't sell what did they do? Economy? Dependability?

HELL NO... that makes sense.

They kept making and actually running commercials to sell the Yukons, Surburbans, Chevy HD 3500, and all that full gulping crap.

Notice what Toyota did? They stopped making the Sequia (sp) right away when fuel prices hit the roof... STOPPED. NOW! No matter how much they spent on R&D, advertising, etc. They UNDERSTOOD that no person with sense would buy a 14mpg SUV when fuel prices were around $3.5-$4.

Friggin morons.

What killed GM was the sudden decline in popularity of the SUV's and big cars when $4.00/gallon gasoline hit. Now that the price of gas is around $2.00/gallon I think you will see a return to our old driving habits and choice of vehicles. I expect we will see gas hover in $1.50/gallon range shortly and remain there for the next few years. That is the key to the recovery of GM. If we go back to buying American cars, GM lives. If not.... RIP GM.

What killed GM and American car manufacturers was not the high cost of fuel. It is directly tied to the fact that American cars have been junk since the late 60's. Greed, over paid execs and an inferior product=bankruptcy..... let them go and restructure so generations to come are not still paying the bailout bill

McCain calling for GM bankruptcy now. I know he does not carry much clout these days but it is a signal to the masses that you can still be a true blue flag waiver and be against bailing out GM. Whereas Obama is trying to be the flag waiver and say that America is the country which invented the automobile so we cant let it go down. First of all, the germans invented the automobile. Second, who says cars are going to go away simply because GM goes down. Ask Ford. I cannot see bailing out GM unless you give an equivalent line of credit to Ford and they can decide whether they use it or not but at least you are not using the government to fund the weaker of the competitors.

Obama just spoke.....if that wasn't the scariest speech you've ever heard in your life, well, I guess that just means you had those Hitler speeches translated for you!

Unions: The death blow to American manufacturing jobs.

I watched as Levi Straus stopped making jeans in America back in the 80's. Why? Union strangle hold. If they didn't get every damn thing they wanted they'd shut down every plant and starve a YES out of Levi's. Most were plants in rural America like Morrilton, AR. Where a Levi's emp. was one of the highest paid in the town. Uneducated, taken in, trained, rich benefits, etc., all GONE due to greed and a stupid union trying to look like they were doing something.

I worked as a maintenance electrician at Levi's after the Navy. I started at $9/hr then raised to 11.50 after 90 days. Our shop in the plant was not part of the union due to it's mechanical nature. There were unskilled workers in the plant doing nothing but watching a automatic box tapping machine making $15-20/hr. Order pickers walking around with a list and a box on a cart putting three of this two of that, etc... making upward of $25/hr. IN THE 80'S.

Notice where your pants are made now? Thanks UNIONS.

Yup. People blame management and the white collar workers but how can you run a manufacturing company in America.

1. Unions and their extortion.
2. Govt enviro,work rule, labor and endless other regulations.
3. Slip & fall attorneys.
4. Workers comp jackpot lottery.
5. No energy policy or "green" energy that drives gas prices to $4.50 a gallon when we have FOUR times the Saudis reserves in the lower 48. Remember factories use a LOT of electricity. Power plants use nat gas or oil. BTW - be prepared for gas to go to $5 to 6 a gallon if the economy ever revives.
6. Endless taxes. Fed, state, local.
7. Cut throat global competition with some trade dumping.

I am amazed the auto industries and other industries have lasted as long as they have.

To top it all off - every liberal and lib politician usually never drives an American car.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Time out. Buick, Ford, Mercury and Lincoln all have been in the top 10 in JD Power quality ratings.

In the most recent rankings, Jaguar went to number 1! The survey period would have been for when Ford owned them. They sold Jag recently to Tata (India) to help Ford raise money.

I am amazed that the U.S. auto companies have been able to survive at all with the govt and UAW doing everything possible to bleed them to death.

I have owned Hondas and Toyotas. Honda is better.

Last edited:
You know, maybe Obama really just doesn't like his brand new Cadi with all the ecoutrements. those proud GM employees who worked and watched it roll off the line must be VERY happy.

The other thing that comes into play is that all of the polls, both lib and conservative, show very little public support for bailing out the autos. That is a ticking timebomb. If Obummer gives them more money and things work out then that is one thing but if he thinks he is going to keep coming back to the well for more then he is going to run into populist resistance at some point. Right now, everyone still thinks they are going to get their free stuff even if the other guy gets his first.

As discussed, woe be unto Obama when he starts to scale back on health care or foreclosure assistance but is still handing out round after round to AIG and GM. And that resistance will come from core Obama supporters, for example, UAW workers who may have had their pensions and healthcare busted in bankruptcy while he is still giving to the company. Not good. Ticking time bomb. Obama may very well end out being seen as the guy who busted GM by taking them to bankruptcy and busted the unions too. Not a lot of adulation coming out of that and that is what he lives for.

Yes we can.

Last edited:
Back