Golf Cart Owned by an LLC

Rikll

Here's the situation. An LLC client of ours owns a golf cart. Not street legal. However, the town of Homossasa, FL allows non street legal golf carts to roam their streets.

We can't find a carrier that will insure an LLC owned, non-street legal golf cart for use on city streets.

Anybody have any suggestions?

did the rep give you a reason as to why they won't insure it?

is the golf cart being used for business purposes?

if so, then I can understand why they won't insure it.

but if not, then they need to switch ownership to an individual instead of an LLC.

Florida may be different. but in most states, Progressive will insure street legal golf carts. I know that for a fact because I have insured street legal golf carts before with Progressive, and cleared it through underwriting before I sold it.

must be a lot of old farts in that town.... most towns that allow golf cart carts on the street require them to be registered.

The LLC was formed to own a weekend home in Homossasa. 4 couples own the LLC. The golf cart is not street legal (that would be easy to insure) and will be driven - legally - on city streets.

No one wants to be the individual to own/insure it for liability reasons.

The golf cart use will be driving into town to visit many of the eating and drinking establishments. Homossasa is a well known weekend party spot for Tampa Bay area people. That is why no one individual in the LLC wants to step forward.

It's a conundrum......

hhhmmmm, and quite an interesting conundrum indeed!

I don't know FL laws. in most states, the solution would be easy: register the golf cart with the state dmv/bmv even though it isn't required in this town.

but I guess that's not an option, or they would have done so already.

have you tried Foremost?

Back