Good Standing???

karnikchituni

If the insurance company renews the auto policy, at the end of coverage date, does that also mean, that the insurance company views the insured as a policy in good standing? the rate on renewal only went up 5%.

If the insurance company renews the auto policy, at the end of coverage date, does that also mean, that the insurance company views the insured as a policy in good standing? the rate on renewal only went up 5%.

Not sure of the question. Unless you have a claim, most carrier don't review your policy for renewal. Every now and then they might randomly pick claim free policies for a mvr to check for moving violations. The 5% increase can be for a myriad of reasons, eg. increasing their reserves due to losses, extra expenses, CEO want a big yacht. :D. Although I would said 5% increase is a little higher than what I have been seeing. What is your state and the insurance company?

Calif.
A renewal notice was sent with the premium charge, 3 weeks before the end of coverage, then the bill came. All my question is, is that the policy is in good standing the carrier would not renew it, right? no questionable claims, etc etc.

----------

Let's try this again, I will rephrase this more specifically.
If on a closed unpaid claim, there is a question of attempted fraud, would the carrier still renew the policy? ( the renewal notice came, and the policy is paid in full now). So? your thoughts?

If the unpaid claim is closed. And you got a renewal offer, I would think they didn't find anything or else they would have most likely non renew you. Unless the claim is right on top of the renewal, timewise. You should be good. I would ask your agent to see what he or she knows.

Back