Hire a Lawyer for Car Accident

Re: Hire a Lawyer

You can hire a lawyer on your own but if it involves your insurance company they might pay for the lawyer to defend you.:goofy:;)

To take that a step further, if it's something they might be liable for, they're going to want to defend it. That is of course unless you're going after them, in which case they'll also want to defend it, but they won't be helping you :)

I think we need a little more information on your situation.

If you were insured at the time of the loss your insurance company could provide representation for you.

More information is required to give you an adequate answer. If it was just a little fender bender you can very well be fine on your own. If your car jumped up on the sidewalk and you ran down a group of 30 people before the all the gore got tangled with your axle which forced you to a stop, then yeah, I'd get a lawyer.

If someone plowed into you and caused damage (personal and property), call a personal injury lawyer, they will take the case on a contingency. If you're at fault, your insurance carrier will defend you in the lawsuit filed by the other party. If you're being sued, I don't know why you're already not being defended by a law firm appointed by the carrier. Your carrier probably hasn't been tendered yet.

Should I hire a lawyer for my car accident court appearance?
An experienced car accident lawyer can help you get compensation to cover any losses incurred due to the accident, such as medical expenses, lost wages, and car repairs. In some states, a car accident lawyer may help you recover when a loved one is killed, especially if reckless driving, speeding, or drunk-driving was involved.

Back