Hit Fire Hydrant W/ No Damage And Left Scene

man, im curious as to what you guys said lol. but yeah,

hit and run, would only apply if you ran away from another car or the car ran away from you.

comprehensive should cover minus deductible.

Pardon me if I am wrong since I am not a P&C guy. However, my understanding would be that the fire hydrant would have to run out in front of you like a deer for it to be a comprehensive claim otherwise it is a plain old collision claim.

Last edited:
Pardon me if I am wrong since I am not a P&C guy. However, my understanding would be that the fire hydrant would have to run into you for it to be a comprehensive claim otherwise it is a plain old collision claim.

Collision, you ran into the hydrant, it didn't fall out of the sky and hit the car.

Careful guys, we're getting off topic again!

Kidding of course. Comprehensive is if something hits you that isn't a car. Like a missile, an animal, vandal kid, etc. If a car hits you then usually it is filed under a collision for parked cars (hit and run) or under their PD if they stay.

He should just file a report with the police dept, than he could file a claim. If you get caught lying to the insurance company, they will file criminal charges against you. He is making more out of it then it is.

Back