How to Become an Independent Auto Insurance Agent in Texas

almani

Hello all,

Im interested in becoming an insurance agent to sell car insurance, however, have no clue where or how to begin.

I am aware that you need to take exam and what not however thats as far as I know but was looking online and I wasn't able to know the of the exam.

My biggest questions 1.) Step-by-step how to get certified and into the field.
2.) What is the best way to study for the certification exams.

By the way, I live in Houston,TX

Thank you so much

Hello Houston! With obvious regard to all that's gone on there... all the best from CO to you!

As for insurance... Ive had great luck having my new agents use Kaplan Financial for the insurance pre-licensing.

Once you are licensed, I would look at local independent agents and see who has interest in hiring a producer, then compare the compensation packages. There are many that will entertain a new producer, but many will want you to start on commission, so be prepared for lean times for a while...

I REALLY recommend getting a year or two experience under someone before going it alone.

Best of luck!

kaplanfinancial insurance texas property-casualty. I will try to message you the link.

I got it thank you so much. I'm going to buy the course.

Before I buy,In addtion to your answer I also went online and made some more researech so please correct my if i'm wrong.

- To sell car insurance I need to have a Property and Casualty license.
- To have a Property and Casualty license, I need to do the pre-course for that.
- After the pre-course, I can do the exam with the state of Texas?

I'm I on the right path?

Thank you so much

Back