How Do I Get the Highest Payout if my Car is Totaled by AllState?

TMC3

My wife was pushed off the hwy by a semi in a really bad rain storm. She slid into the gaurd rail and although the gaurd rail has no damage and the airbags were not deployed the damage to the car along the entire side has them totaling our car. The company doing the evaluation (CCC) has given us a low evaluation that is not apples to apples and their assessment so far is about $2500 lower than we feel is fair.
What can we do or provide to get the highest payout for our totaled car?
Any help and direction would be appreciated. I'm not looking to rip off my insurance company I just don't want them ripping me off.

Thanks

Check Craig's list for your state and surrounding few. If Allstate's offer is close to asking prices minus any deductibles you are not getting ripped off. If they are low then supply your adjuster with comparables to replace your vehicle.

Make sure to also provide recent maintanence records, tire purchases, oil changes etc as this can all be reimbursed based on depreciation.

The company doing the evaluation (CCC) has given us a low evaluation that is not apples to apples and their assessment so far is about $2500 lower than we feel is fair.

Most people think their vehicle is worth more than it is, nothing wrong with pride in ownership.

The evaluation should be based off a number of things, including them citing similar cars for sale in the area. If you have the decked out version of something and they're comparing it with the base version, that could just be a simple error. Their job is to pay you what it costs to get you back to where you were, so you should be able to take whatever they pay you and get something similar.

Where do you think the discrepancy is coming from?

Most companies have an arbitration process if you do not agree with the claim settlement, as long as you don't cash the check.

Back