I Got Hit While Driving My Friend's Car and I Don't Have Any Faul

meanwhile

Hello,

I have a quite specific story. I'm not from the US and I just arrived in the US 5 days ago. I was driving my friend's car and I was hit by another car (totally her fault). The driver gave me her phone number, name and all. But the thing is: I'm not from the US, I'm not the owner of the car and I don't have any insurance of any kind (personally). However, the car I was driving is insured by Geico. I wasn't able to take any photograph of any kind but I think the driver who hit my car accepts the whole fault was hers. And another crucial information: my friend who owns the car is currently out of the US. What would happen in circumstances? What should I need to do?

Any kind of help would be great, I feel terrible right now. Thank you very much in advance.

Re: I Got Hit While Driving My Friend's Car and I Don't Have Any

Wow, that's a great advice but unfortunately I don't have any soap.

your story is full of ****.

Hello,

I have a quite specific story. I'm not from the US and I just arrived in the US 5 days ago. I was driving my friend's car and I was hit by another car (totally her fault). The driver gave me her phone number, name and all. But the thing is: I'm not from the US, I'm not the owner of the car and I don't have any insurance of any kind (personally). However, the car I was driving is insured by Geico. I wasn't able to take any photograph of any kind but I think the driver who hit my car accepts the whole fault was hers. And another crucial information: my friend who owns the car is currently out of the US. What would happen in circumstances? What should I need to do?

Any kind of help would be great, I feel terrible right now. Thank you very much in advance.

Which state are you in? You need to file a police report, also you need to get in touch with your friend as he needs to open a claim with Geico. Geico rep will probably conference you in.

Don't worry, the car is insured so Geico will fix it. Also, since it is her fault, Geico will go after her insurance company to cover everything, including your friend's deductable.

It will be a hassle, but you should be fine.

Does GEICO cover unlicensed drivers?

It sound u stole the car....

Call Geico yourself and file the claim, or call the other drivers insurance and file a claim directly with them. If she was at fault, then her insurance company will pay to fix the car.

If you file with Geico, not much will happen until they get hold of your friend and confirm the information.

Also, if the car was towed to an impound storage lot, get the car out of storage. Insurance companies won't pay the fees for more than a few days and they run up pretty quick.

Dan

Back