I Need Help with Allstate

VolAgent, but what about the fact that allstate won't guaranty the part outside of the 90 days warranty that the junkyards shop is offering. Would you be comfortable putting your loved ones in a car that are being fixed with parts that the manufacturer authorized repair shop won't guaranty? . I think the honest answer is very obvious.

I have never said I would like salvaged parts. Also, a lot would depend on what it was. If it just body panels, I really wouldn't get that worked up over it. If it is something functional, then I'd be a bit more concerned.

Earlier you mentioned it was going to cost 14,000 to repair the vehicle. What is the vehicle worth? I would ask Allstate or the dealership to give me an estimate.

Depending on my financial situation, I might just take a check, see what I can get for the vehicle and get another ride. IMO, $14,000 is a lot to put into a Passat.

VolAgent, but what about the fact that allstate won't guaranty the part outside of the 90 days warranty that the junkyards shop is offering. Would you be comfortable putting your loved ones in a car that are being fixed with parts that the manufacturer authorized repair shop won't guaranty? . I think the honest answer is very obvious.

Find another shop that will guarantee the repairs. There are many reputable body shops that generally give a strong guarantees. You're letting this dealer mess with your head and then blaming Allstate for paying the claim the way the laws of your great state dictate.

Sorry to say this but Josh is right on point. Part alternatives such as reconditioned, refurbished, used( (lkq), and aftermarket are usually and acceptable. It will be based on your policy language as set forth by the state DOI.

The dealership is definitely using the waiver as scare tactic. Part alternatives are a common practice across almost every insurer in almost all circumstances.

I would however use the argument pertaining to the warrant issue. Insurance is designed to bring you back to pre-loss condition. If the replacement part is less than the warranties you have in place pre-loss then there may be an issue. Usually if an insurance company uses part alternative they back them with a lifetime warranty.Allstate may be different.

i guess the OP always goes to the dealer and buys NEW parts to fix his car and is too good to go to NAPA or autozone and get a remanufactured part, there is ZERO difference in what is happening with your car and the scenerio i just stated.

You are seriously, butt hurt over nothing.....

and I dont need to pay attention to the thread as it has been explained to you numerous times already, you just dont like the answers you are getting.....plain and simple

What exactly was the warranty on the parts before the accident on your 2 or 3 year old vehicle?

VolAgent, the parts we are talking about is the suspensions. The estimated book value they gave me was $19K. Now they just gave me the option of giving me the $19K rather than paying for the new parts that the repair shop is recommending. This is getting interesting by the day because now the repair shop won't release the car until allstate pay all the diagnostic fee and storage fee at $100/day. We have been going back and forth with this claim for over 30 days now and allstate has been paying about $40 a day in car rental. Now, can you tell me if this sounds to you like a prudent business practice on the part of allstate? while quibbling over $1500 to buy a new parts. The repair shop is demanding a total of $3400 if the car is not going to be repaired by them. Also allstate just informed me that my policy only allows for maximum of 30 days of car rental which expires on the 25th of this month. Can you feel my predicaments?.... hehehehe

----------

I had a 7 year bumper to bumper warranty on the car.

Last edited:
Fade, if we were buddies, I'd slap you and tell you to just get your damn car fixed with the refurbished parts. With it being suspension work I think it's even more likely refurbished is fine.

You have a right to go to any body shop you want. The body shop has a right to charge whatever they want. Allstate has a legal obligation to pay to get you indemnified (back whole).

Forget everything you think you know about car insurance:

You were in an accident. It's the obligation of the liable insurance company to pay for your repairs at the shop of your choice. Those repairs include using refurbished/used parts of like kind and quality. That's the law of the state you live in. They do not have an obligation to replace used parts with new parts. Used parts don't mean bad parts.

first, its not a "salvaged" part from a junkyard, its a re-manufactured part that has been tested and passed.

I bet you anything, allstate has an endorsement that would have provided NEW materials and either your agent didnt present it to you or you chose not to spend the extra money.

You do NOT have a new car, dont expect NEW parts.

I bet your a guy who probally bitches that his rates are already too high, imagine if all cars got new parts, what do you think your rates would be?

First of all a salvaged part is not the same as a remanufactured part. A salvage yard normally sells used salvaged parts not remanufactured parts. Remanufactured parts are normally mechanical parts that have been refurbished. This is stuff like water pumps, alternators, AC compressors, steering rack and pinions, distributors, starters, etc. I do not think that body parts are refurbished.

----------

Find another shop that will guarantee the repairs. There are many reputable body shops that generally give a strong guarantees. You're letting this dealer mess with your head and then blaming Allstate for paying the claim the way the laws of your great state dictate.

My first car was a VW and it was rear ended. I took the car to a VW dealer body shop because I wanted it fixed right. It was the absolutely worst body work that I have had done in my lifetime. After two years the paint peeled off the area they fixed. If I wanted a good job done on my car I would ask around and find a shop that has a reputation for doing good work. Ask some of the local paint supply companies. They will know.

First of all a salvaged part is not the same as a remanufactured part. A salvage yard normally sells used salvaged parts not remanufactured parts. Remanufactured parts are normally mechanical parts that have been refurbished. This is stuff like water pumps, alternators, AC compressors, steering rack and pinions, distributors, starters, etc. I do not think that body parts are refurbished.

umm, thats what i said, they are 2 different things.....:swoon:

umm, thats what i said, they are 2 different things.....:swoon:

I see. It was the he way you had it worded. I thought you were saying that the salvage yards were testing and passing on parts.
"its not a "salvaged" part from a junkyard, its a re-manufactured part that has been tested and passed."

Back