I Need Help with Allstate

The important question to the OP why are you bothering with this thread? No one here has any power to make a change to your claim, you are better off speaking with your agent and Allstate in regards to why they can use remanufactured parts on your used vehicle.

I just want to say something regarding used / refurbished parts.

I am a car guy (i rebuild my own car) I am a cheapo (I buy quality used things and yesterdays trends). So i am a bargain hunter and only buy for value.

With that said, something someone bought and brought home and returned the next day is also classified as used, and if they send it back to the manufacture for inspection, they will classify it as refurbished to original specs. EVEN if its still NEW IN THE BOX.

Parts that get installed and not turned on, taken off, is USED.

I think the biggest resistance here is the words "used and refurbished." I know you want the best new part, everyone does, but i think people are afraid of used and refurbished parts because the image they see if 10 year old all beat up and just cleaned up and put in your car. (although some are, not saying all is not)

Getting parts from the front of a new 2012 with back damage, is still used.

Any who... I'm just saying, you shouldn't worry too much about used parts or refurbished, the insurance will make you whole again and if it craps out before its time, you can take it up with the shop or insurance saying that they did not give you like kind condition where a 2012 part would last say average 10 years, and their repair last 2 years.

End note, don't be afraid of used parts. But i feel your position that you are not getting NEW parts and that makes you feel victimized. But the insurance's policy is suppose to make you whole the second before the accident.

Late to the party, but I feel the need to chime in.

Would you rather have "used" or "remanufactured" VW parts...or Aftermarket not-made-by-VW parts? I'd go for the truly LKQ (Like kind and quality), something made by VW.

I can tell you that my VW dealer will discount their parts when I tell them insurance is only giving me xxxx dollars to work with. I might even take a loss on part A because they can give me more of a discount on part B.

Any body shop worth it's salt guarantees their work regardless of what the insurance co tells you. That is a scare tactic. My parts suppliers guarantee the parts. I guarantee my work. Regardless of who said what, there is a process for getting it resolved and we hope we can make you happy without detailing all the inner-workings. Unless you really want to know.

All of this is a commercial for independent shops. :) I am not bound by insurance company rules. I work for YOU. I can negotiate with your insurance, because it's my advantage to do that, and because I used for work for a few....so we both get the best repair that is feasible. Believer it or not, VW wants you to get new VW parts too. The last thing they want is aftermarket parts on their cars, so they will negotiate. We all prefer new OEM and we'll do anything and everything to get that.

A last FYI - your insurance never pays me to fix used parts. I have to negotiate the ultimate part price with my vendor/salvage yard/reseller. If the part comes in something other than prime & paint, and I have to fix it, that's on me. I take that step because I am smart and willing to work for you. The ones that can't take that step are either lazy, or out to make a buck rather than turn out a quality job.

Body shop secrets exposed!!!! Find a good one before you need one.

Last edited:
Back