I Won My Car Accident Claim Now What?

Insurance565

Hello first time poster here, I was in a car accident on August 17th 2011. I have no coverage for my self I only have the state of ca minimum liability. With out getting to much into the details I made another driver mad and out of pure roadrage she swerved in front of me and slammed her brakes. I hit her corner to corner. She was very confident that she would get away with this because in California the vehicle with the rear end damage usually wins. Even though I did not have coverage on my vehicle. I filed this with my insurance company and the police ( the police showed up my vehicle was unoperable in the middle of an intersection. I have a VERY cut rate no name insurance company. They were incredibly unhelpful through this. So over time they informed me the case would go to trial and to keep checking back. I last contacted them in march and I was told nothing had happened. I contacted them yesterday and they had mentioned they forgot to call but I won the case. They told me to call the other insurance company to collect my claim. They didn't tell me when the court decision was made or anything. I don't want to mess this up at this point and my insurance company isn't helping me at all. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I should also mention the vehicle almost one year later is still inoperable on the side of my house. I have not had the money to fix it and I prefer not to send it to a shop. It's kind of a custom collector car and I have the know how to fix it myself.

Hello first time poster here, I was in a car accident on August 17th 2011. I have no coverage for my self I only have the state of ca minimum liability. With out getting to much into the details I made another driver mad and out of pure roadrage she swerved in front of me and slammed her brakes. I hit her corner to corner. She was very confident that she would get away with this because in California the vehicle with the rear end damage usually wins. Even though I did not have coverage on my vehicle. I filed this with my insurance company and the police ( the police showed up my vehicle was unoperable in the middle of an intersection. I have a VERY cut rate no name insurance company. They were incredibly unhelpful through this. So over time they informed me the case would go to trial and to keep checking back. I last contacted them in march and I was told nothing had happened. I contacted them yesterday and they had mentioned they forgot to call but I won the case. They told me to call the other insurance company to collect my claim. They didn't tell me when the court decision was made or anything. I don't want to mess this up at this point and my insurance company isn't helping me at all. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I should also mention the vehicle almost one year later is still inoperable on the side of my house. I have not had the money to fix it and I prefer not to send it to a shop. It's kind of a custom collector car and I have the know how to fix it myself.

I have an nice piece of ocean front property for sale in Kentucky also! ;)

How much do you want for the property?
Ocean front in Kentucky doesn't come up very often, I'd like to jump at the chance while its available.

The confusing part is that none of this ever really happened and he can't figure out what number to call to the fictitious insurance company.

If you won some kind of case, call the other insurance company and get your money. Whats confusing about that?

Would you also be interested in some ocean front property in Kentucky. It is available for a short time at a superb price. It is a great value. :yes::twitchy:

Back