Insurance Not Paying Due to Exclusion - Help Needed

Zed

Texas
I was in an accident on a highway. My car hit some debris on the road because of which two of my tires burst. Police filed the case and were able to track the debris to a pickup truck that gave me info of the truck and its insurance number that dropped the debris on the road.
I am student with an old 2000 Ford Focus and only have limited liability and the company said I need to call that truck's insurance company to file the claim. I did but they said the driver was excluded from the insurance policy so they wont be paying a cent for the damages.
Is there any chance I can fight for the damages? Would really appreciate your support guys.

Regards,
Zed

The cost of chasing down the individual, filing a small claims court case and waiting for it to process will far exceed the cost of replacing 2 used tires.

On top of that, you might end up losing the case, even if you do file it. There are a lot of exclusions in state laws about stationery objects and hitting them with your car. Most of the time, you are considered at fault automatically if you strike a stationery object, even if it wasn't supposed to be there.

In the end, its 2 tires. Replace them and move on. Even if you had full coverage on your car, this is likely far below any deductible you would have had.

I know this isn't what you wanted to hear.

Dan

Back