Insurance Points what is It?

lilhale

I recently backed into my husband's truck in our driveway (backing out if garage) , only did damage to my car so only one claim. Just recieved my renewal on our cars and it shows I have 2 points and a rate increase of $250 a year. I can not get anyone to call me back from insurance company on this issue. So my question is what are these points? Can they give you points on a no injury accident on private property? Thank you!

when you hit something, and then file a claim, it goes down as an at fault accident. It won't be on your motor vehicle report (driving record), but it will show up on your CLUE report. A clue report is basically your insurance claims history.

I recently backed into my husband's truck in our driveway (backing out if garage) , only did damage to my car so only one claim. Just recieved my renewal on our cars and it shows I have 2 points and a rate increase of $250 a year. I can not get anyone to call me back from insurance company on this issue. So my question is what are these points? Can they give you points on a no injury accident on private property? Thank you!

I believe most auto insurance companies have a driving record point system. The more points you accumulate, the higher the premium. I have Travelers. Most agencies lower your points every two or three years. Unfortunately, Travelers does every four years (I think).

With that being said, your insurance company not calling you back is a serious issue. You're a paying customer, and they should treat you as such (within reason). Keep at it trying to communicate with them. Have you tried speaking to an online rep?

Yup ditto on the CLUE and MVR. You cost your insurance company money, it stands to reason they will increase your rates. Generally most companies don't see a difference between $1,001 claim and a claim that pays out your total limit when it comes to assessing your rate for an at-fault accident. Some companies might have a threshold of $1,000 or less where they might not surcharge you but may take away a claim-free discount. We had a client that had come to us that had previously filed several claims. She was hanging her front-end over the parking space cement stops. When she backed out of the spot, it was tearing her bumper off or knocking it off. She filed several claims and received at-fault accidents for each of them. Quite funny actually.

Back