Insurance for Transporter Plates in NY &/or MN...

I'm in the process of starting a drive away company delivering mainly buses (transit, school, etc) across state lines from the manufacturer to a dealer, end customer, or possibly contractor of the manufacturer/end customer.

I live in NY and am thinking about setting up the LLC here and having an additional office in MN so I can have both MN and NY transporter plates. I'll be setting up the LLC next week but waiting for advice in case setting up the LLC in MN would be easier.

How many plates and contracted drivers depends on a combination of the business I can get along with the insurance I can get. Of course, I'd only contract drivers that met the insurance company's requirements. I'd like the flexibility to add/drop plates to the policy if possible.

To get a MN transporter plate I need at least "the amount of $10,000 because of bodily injury to or death of one person in any one accident, and, subject to said limit for one person, in the amount of $100,000 because of bodily injury to or death of two or more persons in any one accident, and in the amount of $5,000 because of injury to or destruction of property of others in any one accident."

To get an operating authority to be able to cross state lines I need at least $750,000 but would be interested in $1-$2 million...

Any advice on where I can get a quote would be greatly appreciated, I've tried to get quotes from MN brokers before but it feels like I'm pulling teeth,most take my name & number and never call me back.

Feel free to contact me for more info if you're a broker looking to work with me...

THANKS!

Back