Is the Insurer Trying to Cheat Me?

I'm from Canada. My brother was injured in a car accident. The insurance company gave accident benefits and income replacement benefit at first. Now they have terminated my brother's income replacement benefit. They have asked him to see their doctor for assessment. What should we do?

I'd start with seeing their doctor. Not to be sarcastic, but do you have any idea how much fraud they see every day? If the injury is real it will reconfirm the fact and they can move forward with settling the claim.

When they terminated the benefits, they would have given a reason. What was the reason they gave? Was it because he hadn't seen a doctor? They felt he was better? Benefit amount hit the cap?

Since you didn't describe the injury, I assume it is something he should heal from. In these cases, seeing a doctor is a reasonable thing, benefits won't go on very long without it.

Dan

He suffered from sprained muscles in the thighs and hip and minor cuts. They said income replacement benefit will be funded after the assessment.

My worry is that, I read in a Blog in campisilaw.ca, the insurer's medical assessor may adjust the review in favor of them. So I think we should consult a car accident injury lawyer, to be sure we are not cheated.

This seems pretty standard, I would just tell him to go see the doctor. They are just making sure this isn't fraud. If a problem arises then simply post back for help.:twitchy:

Back