Just Got a Quote and Need Some Advice!

G

I got dropped from statefarm due my car being stolen and stripped but i had 2 claims prior for break ins.....this is in TX. I went and looked around and I am 31yoa, single, no prior arrest or tickets and got a quote from this company called carinsurancequicksearch.com and my quote was 374.56/6 months. Check the state adn you will see what i am talking about. mind yourself that I am in TX as well but still i would of thought it would be over $500 atleast. What do you all recommend me doing? Can someone check this out?

I got dropped from statefarm due my car being stolen and stripped but i had 2 claims prior for break ins.....this is in TX. I went and looked around and I am 31yoa, single, no prior arrest or tickets and got a quote from this company called carinsurancequicksearch.com and my quote was 374.56/6 months. Check the state adn you will see what i am talking about. mind yourself that I am in TX as well but still i would of thought it would be over $500 atleast. What do you all recommend me doing? Can someone check this out?

Where is your current agent?
You didn't go through esurance or do something equally stupid did you?

you got a quote/estimate. they have not pulled your clue report and seen your thief claims. Once they do, you will see the quote "adjusted." Usually the underwriter will let you know once the app is submitted.

Insurance companies spend great deals of money to make sure they are not taken. Having that many claims is a rare case, so you won't be that popular with any company unless you pay a lot for comprehensive or have liability only.

Insurance companies do not like thief claims. Easily fabricated and hard to prove the items are not sitting at a client's friends house and the client is looking to collect some needed cash.

Hate to bust your bubble, but atleast you know how the system operates.
R

Last edited:
you got a quote/estimate. they have not pulled your clue report and seen your thief claims. Once they do, you will see the quote "adjusted." Usually the underwriter will let you know once the app is submitted.

Insurance companies spend great deals of money to make sure they are not taken. Having that many claims is a rare case, so you won't be that popular with any company unless you pay a lot for comprehensive or have liability only.

Insurance companies do not like thief claims. Easily fabricated and hard to prove the items are not sitting at a client's friends house and the client is looking to collect some needed cash.

Hate to bust your bubble, but atleast you know how the system operates.
R
That is true multiple theft claims look very suspcious. Statistaclly if someone has one its not a big deal. If a person has a couple than there is usually a pattern. It may be fraud or it may be a bad area but either way the likelyhood of future claims is increased.

Last edited:
They will also pull a soft credit check which will either positively or negatively affect your premium based on your credit history. The best thing for you to do is to let the agent know in advance that you have claims, accidents, suspensions, tickets, etc. This will ensure you that the quote given is accurate and you wont have any type of "hick-ups" once the new policy is bound. A lot of companies that you deal with direct are notorious for binding a policy without asking anything about your prior claims history, mvr record, or credit background just to land business for 6 months and then increase your premium on renewal.

Jon

You've may have gotten a preliminary quote.

Make sure they run Clue and MVR before handing any $$$ over.

Many companies will get you in the door, take your $$ and then run Clue and MVR.

Your rate goes up when they see activity and how much was paid out.

When you get upset they throw it back on you because you should know your history and report it accurately.

You can however get this information ahead of time by contacting your previous ins co and getting the information (dates of loss, amounts paid, how the incident was coded) so you can report accurate information to the company your getting a quote with.

Back