Looking for an Atlanta, Georgia Area Agent

souldeux

Guru
1000 Post Club
Oh, mighty P&C forum!

I come from the land of individual health and life, and admit I do not understand the voodoo you guys work. I apologize if I need to sacrifice a goat to get your help and have neglected to do so :1cute:

I am in need of a P&C agent in the Atlanta, Georgia area to discuss some auto insurance stuff. I have a family looking to get off of State Farm and into something more competitively priced.

They enjoyed working with me mostly because of the independent angle, so if you represent multiple carriers then they'll probably like you better than if you're captive.

So, if you're in the Atlanta, Georgia area, have a couple of auto lines, and want to pick up a family, give me a call. My phone number is in my signature and you can reach me there pretty much anytime. First come, first serve, and be warned about three things:

1. When you call, I'm going to ask to meet you for lunch or something, because...

2. ...if they're happy with you then I want to know you well enough to feel comfortable sending you additional business (I have people ask me if I can do auto quite a bit when we're talking about health, but nobody to refer them to), and...

3. ...it's my soon-to-be mother-in-law, sister-in-law, and fiancee and if they don't like you then I'll have to hear about it for a year. The group will break up in about a year due to the sister-in-law moving and me marrying my fiancee, but then you'll have a brand new family to work with!

Any takers? Lunch is dutch, by the way, one of my damn commission checks for this month got SNAFU'd :1arghh:

Hey Nick,

I tried to call you this morning. I am an independent agent in Gainesville, GA. I can write for Auto-Owners, Hanover, Donegal, Progressive, Encompass, Grange and Farmers. I would love to get your in-laws a quote and get them a good price and even pay for your lunch!

Stuart Moore
[email protected]

Got your voicemail this morning, Stuart, but I've been slammed nonstop all day. I love days like this, but it does slow down my returning of calls.

Sent you an email!

Hey Nick,

I tried to call you this morning. I am an independent agent in Gainesville, GA. I can write for Auto-Owners, Hanover, Donegal, Progressive, Encompass, Grange and Farmers. I would love to get your in-laws a quote and get them a good price and even pay for your lunch!

Stuart Moore
[email protected]

Hey Stuart! I have a question on Progressive.

On the TV commercials it sounds like you pay less if you buy Progressive over the internet than if you go through an agent. Is that true? If it is, why would any agent carry it? And why wouldn't any customers all buy it online?

I'm confused.

It used to br true that if you bought Progressive either online or from their call center you would get a better rate. Now, Progressive is changing their target(in Georgia atleast) to targeting and changing rates for their preffered block of business. Agent's rates are now similar or better than direct. Saying that, if you have good credit their are companies that will beat the brakes off Progressive premiums. Auto-Owners, Grange, Encompass, etc..

It used to br true that if you bought Progressive either online or from their call center you would get a better rate. Now, Progressive is changing their target(in Georgia atleast) to targeting and changing rates for their preffered block of business. Agent's rates are now similar or better than direct. Saying that, if you have good credit their are companies that will beat the brakes off Progressive premiums. Auto-Owners, Grange, Encompass, etc..

I would think that any company that sells direct to the public for less than an agent can sell it for would get dropped by the agents and they would make a point of converting ALL of their customers to something else.

Companies can't have it both ways unless we agents are real stupid.

Hey Nick,

Stuart Moore
[email protected]

The lunch offer is now closed. Stuart and I met for lunch today, and I'm very happy to say I've found someone I'm extremely comfortable referring P&C business to.

If anyone else in the North Georgia area is in the same spot I was in, Stuart is an exceptionally sharp and personable agent. I feel that the people to whom I refer business reflect upon my professionalism since they come with my recommendation, and Stuart is certainly someone I would be happy to have people associate my name with.

Also, he paid for lunch, which was awesome. Thanks!

Hey Nick,

Thanks for the compliment! I had a nice time getting to know you and hopefully working out something for your in-laws.

Also, if anyone is looking for health or life insurance, Nick knew all the questions I asked, sent me a quote later that day and hopefully we are on the way to saving me some money!

I look forward to working with him in the future.

Stuart Moore
[email protected]

Back