Market for High Value Personal Auto with Bad Driving Record

Help! I need a market for high value personal auto but one of the drivers has a bad record.... 4 violations and 1 accident in the past five years :( Any suggestions??

Define high value.
Over $75K? Becomes a bit dicey, though I don't know the FL markets very well.

Help! I need a market for high value personal auto but one of the drivers has a bad record.... 4 violations and 1 accident in the past five years :( Any suggestions??

How high in value? Depending on the rest of the risk Chubb will consider it. Travelers may as well. There are quite a few carriers that will write it just need to know the value of the vehicles.

Travelers tightened up their restrictions on new business. It might not qualify with the driving history.

Progressive doesn't have a limit for violations per se. They do but I think it's high. I think they're flexible on vehicles. I'd imagine you have them as a carrier already though.

I never wrote a FJUA policy, but that my be an option. Not worth your time probably.

I just wrote a Bentley and Ferrari with allied. That may be an option. Otherwise try Chubb, and Firemans Fund. I think pure and Chartis will look at it too but they may want the whole package.

Thanks for all the advice! This is what I have tried so far -Safeco, Progressive, Infinity, Foremost, Hartford, Geico, Hagerty (said no because there is only 1 primary auto), American Collectors, Dairyland, Chubb, Chartis, Travelers, Fireman's Fund, American Modern.... Waiting to hear back from Pure and Allied.... had no idea it would be this difficult :(

Latest posts

Back