MI Question, License Points and Insurance.

fbtiger01

About a year and a half ago I received a driving ticket while driving a rental car (I used to work for Enterprise rent-a-car), the ticket was for speeding and it carried 4 points with it. Few weeks ago, I got another speeding ticket that carried 3 point. Totally I have 4 tickets, the others are impeding traffic tickets with no points. So, currently I have a total of 7 points. I am 21 years old, my car and all the cars in the family are registered under my father's name. Also, I am on the policy with my father. My car has the basic insurance, no collision or no comprehensive. My question is, my insurance, for me as a driver, didn't go up at all. My car is an 07 Honda Accord and it is $60 a month. My insurance for the 4 points didn't increase my insurance. I'm wondering if it will go up for the 3 point ticket? The points will drop off by sometime next year (2 years pass, ticket points drop off). Does anyone have a reason why the 4 points didn't increase my insurance? Also, my other tickets were a speeding and running a stop sign (didn't mean to do this actually). I live in Michigan and I have Gieco insurance.

Back