Most/least Expensive Vehicles to Insure Ranked

Brian Anderson

Executive Editor
100+ Post Club
The newest rankings of the most and least expensive vehicles to insure is out from insure.com. Dodge GT Viper is most expensive while Honda Odyssey minivan is least expensive. You can check out the complete top 10 for each at the link below.

Any big surprises? Obviously pretty rare to come across a Viper, but in your experience, what are the most expensive models of cars/trucks/SUVs to insure in your area?

Insurance Forums | 2016

Thanks for posting, Brian. I enjoy reading it each year it comes out.

Perhaps you can answer this question, which was posted here a few months ago, but no one had an answer to....

Are there any similar studies like this, only they don't just test brand new cars?

I would like to see this study done for cars in the 2-6 year range, which are still valuable enough to need comp and collision, but not brand new.

And I would very much like to see the same study done for older vehicles that don't warrant comp and collision.

Thanks for posting, Brian. I enjoy reading it each year it comes out.

Perhaps you can answer this question, which was posted here a few months ago, but no one had an answer to....

Are there any similar studies like this, only they don't just test brand new cars?

I would like to see this study done for cars in the 2-6 year range, which are still valuable enough to need comp and collision, but not brand new.

And I would very much like to see the same study done for older vehicles that don't warrant comp and collision.

I did find this ranking of top 10 cheapest used cars to insure:

Top 10 Cheapest Used Cars to Insure | Autobytel.com

I have 3 customers who are basically paying a dollar a day for liability. They have pre-1980 cars without airbags or any real safety features. I am guessing that current rating systems do not include these cars and they are being defaulted to the lowest rating tier. The one car is a 72 Monte Carlo, not registered as a classic and being used to commute to work.

The high one I keep running into is the rear wheel drive Mercedes CL. I keep telling people get a 4matic but they do not listen. You live in the country where it snows and your only car is a rear wheel drive. Then they call me crying when they drove into a ditch.

The one car is a 72 Monte Carlo, not registered as a classic and being used to commute to work.

They should have their eyes put out with a fork! What a waste of a sweet ride.

Edit: they should only have one eye put out with a fork. otherwise the policy will probably cancel.

Back