Need help with Canadian Insurance Questions

bertaboy15

Hey guys i am a 23 year old male with a bad driving record. Luckily i have smartened up in the past years but im still paying for it. Also i live in alberta canada. Ive tried finding this out myself but just feel like im getting ran in circles and everything has different answers so any help is appreciated. First do all insurance providers only use 3 years of tickets and 6 year for suspensions against you or is it different for every provider? Why do they ask for a 5 year driver abstract if they only use 3 years tickets and 6 year suspensions? I am currently under my parents insurance as an occasional/secondary driver, they know of 1/2 tickets in the past three years but know nothing about my 2 demirt suspensions in the 6 years, why is that? Basically i am looking at buying a new truck but dont know how im going to do the insurance. My first thought was to put the truck in my fathers name and insurance and stay as a secondary driver so that the insurance wont need an abstract. would it beneficial to be a primary driver of my new truck under my parents policy or should i just get my own since doing it that way i would need to provide an abstract? Thanks

Back