Need New Preferred Auto Carrier in NC

wow314

Guru
100+ Post Club
Looking to add a new carrier. Anyone have any ideas on who would be good in today's market? Or a company that is looking to get hot in NC?

That makes sense they both want to be the lead carrier. I know an agent who has both though but they are in Ohio. It's worth a shot.

Auto-Owners was my first thought as well. When I was an independent agent (in Georgia) I was also licensed in NC and AL just to sell Auto-Owners policies in both states. Their preferred risk company, Owners Insurance, has great personal auto rates in NC. Auto-Owners Insurance itself has fantastic rates for customers who qualify for their Preferred tier and their Standard tier is pretty competitive with clean credit.

Other than A-O, Cincinnati also comes to mind. Their personal lines rates are fairly competitive in GA, but I'm not sure about NC. They're a great company, though.

Cincinnati would be great but they 're really hard to get in NC. Anyone know the contact for auto owners in NC?

Auto Owners is getting very difficult to work with in MO..FYI. Hard to believe but it is getting pretty rough here.

Gulliver

Where in NC are you?

I have Erie and was told auto owners would have no interest coming in and competing against Erie....

----------

We just added Allied in our agency. If you wait a couple of months, I can let you know how they are doing for us.

Not many, if any, companies beat Erie on preferred auto, except in certain niches.

Back