New Driver Help

Abstractworld

Heres my story.
I started driving around March-July of 2010. I got into a minor bumper accident in which I hit a van's bumper and it caused the van to scratch some paint off of the car in front of him. It was my fault 100%. It seems my dad put insurance on my brothers name but not mine or something. DMV suspended my license for 1 year until August 2011. I had Farmers Insurance and they increased my rates for 5 years penalty. My family pays $100 extra to include me in the insurance plans.

I dont get how I have to be penalized the maximum of 5 years for a VERY minor car crash that the officer nearby said it was minor so he didnt have to write a report.

My question is where can I find a cheap insurance for a case like mine? Because my parents searched for a couple insurance companys and the rates are ridiculous for me.

here is my story.....have a 20 yr old that is on his 3rd car and has totaled 2........I pay $400 A MONTH FOR HIM.......I wish I could get him back to $100.....

I used to use a Callaway driver but it was closed about 2 degrees. I bought an almost new Nike driver which is adjustable. Hitting the ball much better since the change.

Is that the New Driver Help you wanted?

Rick

I used to use a Callaway driver but it was closed about 2 degrees. I bought an almost new Nike driver which is adjustable. Hitting the ball much better since the change.

Rick

GREEN.....You need to try the Taylormade, much better driver, and its a one time purchase, not monthly....

here is my story.....have a 20 yr old that is on his 3rd car and has totaled 2........I pay $400 A MONTH FOR HIM.......I wish I could get him back to $100.....

You are far kinder than I. If MY 20yr old had rung up TWO cars? He'd be WALKING or CYCLING his way around town.

$400 could buy some driving lessons... :D

RW

So is $100 a regular price or something?
I mean I did a VERY MINOR fender bender and its making the insurance so high
We arent rich so an extra $100 is a big HIT

Rick

Sorry I made the topic vague
I didnt mean golf clubs, I meant New Driver in the sense of cars

Your not just getting a high premium because of the accident, you have a suspension now and most companies charge that against you as well. If you would like you can Give me a call and we can look at some other options for you. 1-888-492-8092

Thanks,

Basically you show you are a higher risk. You are a young driver, with a 1 year suspension, and an accident. That's the kind of thing that, on paper and not knowing you personally, screams to underwriting to be careful. insurance charges you based on risk and the loss that may occur during a claim; you prove to be a substantial risk as a result. Minor claim or not, you have an at-fault accident. You also have a suspended license which is a big red flag, and now you don't have any continuous driving experience. You basically check multiple "rating boxes" on many policies.

Try some non-standard autos in your area like progressive or maybe GMAC or whatever the non-standard carriers in your area might be. For some places, it's cheaper for you to have your own policy.

basically younger drivers don’t have much in the way of driving histories. However, you had commit a accident already, so premiums would be higher.
Well. Premiums tend to come down after the age of 25, and will go down a lot after the age of 35.

basically younger drivers don’t have much in the way of driving histories. However, you had commit a accident already, so premiums would be higher.
Well. Premiums tend to come down after the age of 25, and will go down a lot after the age of 35.

That depends on the state, just remember that. In NC it is illegal to discriminate on age, rather they use driving history. Driving history for inexperienced drivers is 3 years; after 3 years the premiums pretty much have to go down, even if it is in the middle of a 6 month period. UW can still use longer driving experience though, I think Kemper it's like 7 years to get preferred rate. But the age doesn't matter here in NC.

Back