New Idea for Young Drivers

warnerins

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Here is an idea that I was kicking around. This added service would be provided free of charge for my auto insurance clients that have young drivers.

We all know about the commercial vehicle program that you put a bumper sticker on the back of the truck and it says "How is my driving" along with a toll free number or something. Well, I am brainstorming an idea for bumper stickers for the back of my clients young drivers cars. It is not a new idea. But I haven't seen another insurance agency try it.

It would be completely done through the internet (the website is almost done). The cost to the agency would be a couple hundred bumper stickers and sequencial stickers of 1-300

Once the bumper sticker is placed on the car, if that driver is reported by another vehicle operator by e-mail or our agency phone number. I would email the parents the report on what was witnessed.

The name of my program is NMyoungDrivers.com Get enough of these stickers on the road and I might be onto something. The site will go live in about a week. The address is already registered and am printing the B-Stickers this weekend.

Would love to her your input. check out the temp site here nmyoungdrivers

Here is an idea that I was kicking around. This added service would be provided free of charge for my auto insurance clients that have young drivers.

We all know about the commercial vehicle program that you put a bumper sticker on the back of the truck and it says "How is my driving" along with a toll free number or something. Well, I am brainstorming an idea for bumper stickers for the back of my clients young drivers cars. It is not a new idea. But I haven't seen another insurance agency try it.

It would be completely done through the internet (the website is almost done). The cost to the agency would be a couple hundred bumper stickers and sequencial stickers of 1-300

Once the bumper sticker is placed on the car, if that driver is reported by another vehicle operator by e-mail or our agency phone number. I would email the parents the report on what was witnessed.

The name of my program is NMyoungDrivers.com Get enough of these stickers on the road and I might be onto something. The site will go live in about a week. The address is already registered and am printing the B-Stickers this weekend.

Would love to her your input. check out the temp site here nmyoungdrivers

I once thought about starting one of the companies for profit. My sister had an answering service and I told her she should do it.

Thanks for the Idea. You have been a great help to the forum. Keep the ideas coming.

I figured place a bumper sticker on a kids car with a way to report stupid driving and maybe that kid will slow down. My teenage daughters don't like the idea (so it must be a good one, right?)

Someone's going to steal your idea and get rich...

Actually, could there be liability issues with this? What if someone reports a child doing something dangerous and your office drops the ball with reporting this to the parents... Couldn't they claim that had you reported this issue in a timely manner, XYZ wouldn't have happened?

Just playing devil's advocate.

Thanks for the downer joshril. Website would not be real time and I'm fully insured (I think)........ Hey does anybody know an insurance agent!?!?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
You are all forgetting that the observer can report courteous and kind driving as well.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Here is the next question. Should I upload NMyoungDrivers.com to open my agency site (with a link to NMyoungDrivers) or make the address point directly to the site (without going through my agency home page)?

Last edited:
I'd be worried about the liability issues as well. I'd check w/my CGL carrier to see if that additional service would fit w/my class code.

If you want to offer something, Safeco has something called Teensurance. Its good for marketing, and you can't be held liable.

I'd be worried about the liability issues as well. I'd check w/my CGL carrier to see if that additional service would fit w/my class code.

If you want to offer something, Safeco has something called Teensurance. Its good for marketing, and you can't be held liable.

For sure it is not under my class code.

I do have several clients enrolled in the Teensurance program.

Not sure what the class code is, will contact my carriers today. Thanks

Back