New Jersey P&C Referral Questions

ZenSamurai

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
New York
I'm a life and health guy and wanted to ask how I would go about doing a referral business with a P&C guy. I've never done it but today I met with a guy who only wanted insurance for his trucks as he has his own trucking company. I may end up doing his life insurance policy but he is more so looking for somebody to help him with auto insurance for his trucks.

I also have another lady that told me she pays a lot for her car/home insurance.

How would I go about creating a referral business with a P&C guy??

Are you wanting to be paid for your referrals? If so get a P&C license.

I would prefer to create a referral business where I send some people to him and he sends some people to me over getting paid for referral business. I should get my license in case some guys prefer to not create that referral business.

I'm a life and health guy and wanted to ask how I would go about doing a referral business with a P&C guy. I've never done it but today I met with a guy who only wanted insurance for his trucks as he has his own trucking company. I may end up doing his life insurance policy but he is more so looking for somebody to help him with auto insurance for his trucks. I also have another lady that told me she pays a lot for her car/home insurance. How would I go about creating a referral business with a P&C guy??

Im in NJ as well, and looking to connect with some local agents for referrals, PM me and we can discuss further.

The truth is, you won't find to many P&C agents that aren't life and health licensed. They will gladly take your referral but will only refer problem cases to you. Its rare you will find anything other than this.

By wanting referrals back, you eliminate the option of working with any 'captive' agent, they all have life quotas they have to fill and are usually scraping to find those policies.

You might find an independent agent that works personal lines (and commercial) that would be interested, but most of these will also write the life and the health. Its rare to find a good P&C agency that doesn't try to write the entire household for everything they can.

Dan

Back