New to the Whole Accident Thing, Just Looking to Get Some Opinions on the Situation.

hemispheres

Hey all, just got done filing my first accident claim with my own vehicle, was hoping someone could give a run down of what goes from here on out.

I have allstate insurance on my 09 Buick Lacrosse. A couple years ago I did file a claim for an uninsured hit and run that occured at school. My rates were not increased.

Before I get into the details here some background info. In Jan I started a new job. I am a keyholder/manger for a vape shop that stays open until 10pm, at which point I closet the store, count down the register and make the cash drop after closing. I typically don't get home until midnight-1am and it takes me a few hours to fall asleep afterwards. I have noticed my sleep disturbances beginning to affect me and I was worried something like this would happen.

Long story short, I was half awake, basically cruising on auto pilot as I pulled into the alley behind our shop. I wasn't paying attention to speed and cut the wheel way too late due to my slowed reflexes and clipped the wall going a bit faster than is acceptable.

Ironically this woke me up in a heartbeat. I called the local police, the building owner and my insurance company immediately.

I attempted to file a report for insurance purposes but the officer said since I was at fault and the building had minor cosmetic damage that he wouldn't file a report for me... that and there was a fatal shooting called in at the exact moment the fire department had finished checking the building for damage.

I have my claim filed, My car is at an approved body shop and I'm awaiting an estimate which should be here by Monday.

I was wondering if anyone here familiar with allstate could give a bit of info how much much of a rate increase I'm looking at.

Just from looking at the car I'm guessing it's got 3-5k worth of damage.
22782_745688095551959_5201634812744905934_n.jpg

11076262_745688145551954_6963788477942809129_n.jpg

Are you having it repaired at their approved shop or is it just there for an estimate and they'll cut you a check off the shop estimate? If you don't have a problem with the shop, just let them repair the car and pay your deductible when you pick it up. Allstate will pay the shop directly and you won't have to mess with moving shops, differences of opinion on the estimate, delays due to the supplement process, rate differences due to market areas, etc.

I'm guessing it's closer to $1500-2000 in damage.

Back