NonStandard Southern California

PotentialFarmer

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Agency has had a good deal of success 4 years ago till recently with Unitrin (now Kemper Specialty). I have a group of DUI Lawyers in the LA / Ventura area who funnel me clients, but lately I've been getting crushed by competition. Was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this and if you had some thoughts. I had heard from some that they were going with Mapfre ( i believe that's commerce wests new purchaser for non-standard).

I haven't got the ability to rate Mapfre to see if that's where I should be looking, please let me know who the rest of you in Southern California write with for non-standard, mainly DUI drivers with SR-22 needs. It's not a huge portion of my business but its around 25K commissions that I don't need to lose if I can find the right outlet. I've also heard of Dairy Land and Infinity as options.

I can't speak for California, but I have Dairyland in 5 states, and they would be great for your situation for 3 reasons:

-they go easy on DUI's
-they don't surcharge for SR22's
-they beat Kemper's rate about 3 quotes out of 4

But they also are much like Kemper in that they don't like young drivers, and they get pricey with comp & collision coverage. But for liability only high risk drivers, Dairyland is tough to beat.

Back