Not Getting Full Insurance for my Accident

vin2veera

This is my Situation.

I had an Accident and my vehicle hit a stone and there was some damage to engine(As Per Them).

2 Tyres got burst and the car mechanic is saying the vehicle was in running state.

I asked how come a car with 2 tyres busted can go further then they have no answers and now they are saying i need to pay 1.5 Lakhs and insurance company is not going to pay for this.

I have Full Insurance with bumper to bumper

Please kindly suggest me how to proceed .

For Reference i am attaching the Quotation.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• AP04BE9261.pdf
    721 KB · Views: 11
I'd be shocked if any agent here can help you with that. I'd be surprised if any knew what 1.5 Lakhs means, let alone the specifics of your insurance claim.

Good luck though!

Yeah, currency is currency so I can get past that, but the bigger issue is with your policy forms not standardized by the ISO, and having no personal experience with insurance in your country, I have NO clue what your insurance policy does or does not cover.

I can say, when you say "bumper to bumper" here in the US, that usually is terminology used for warranty, not insurance. Warranty would be for if non-accident mechanical breakdown happened. This was definitely an accident, so if it were in The States, your auto insurance policy would cover it under the collision coverage (minus whatever your deductible is). It would then show on your history as an at-fault accident and there's a good chance your future premiums would rise for a few years.

But again, I have no clue on insurance policies for your country.

Last edited:
According to your estimate, there is a lot more damage than just a couple tires!

Is this in India? I've never heard of Lakh's. I thought India went by Rupees?

Latest posts

Back