Other Driver Lied to His Insurance Company

ksnyder

Hello,

About a month ago an 18 year old ran a red light and hit me as I was pulling out into the intersection. Unfortunately, the witnesses left the scene and it was my word against his until the highway patrol report came back.

For some reason the Missouri highway patrol takes a long time to be processed or what ever and it took a month for the report to come back. It came back in my favor and stated that the other driver was clearly at fault.

I have been without a car for a month now because of this kid's lies. I have been patient and nice to his insurance company but today his representative basically hung up on me while I was asking her questions about rental cars and what I need to do to speed up the process because I have already been without a car for so long.

The car is only worth about 3500 and towing a few days storage was about 400. The rep's disregard for my time and inconvenience makes me almost as mad as her driver lying for an entire month. Honestly, I would be fine if they just covered the damages and got me back on the road ( quickly) but part of me wants compensation for my time. I've missed school, have been late for work almost every day, etc..

Should I expect a higher settlement because of the negative affect the other driver's lie has had on my day to day life?

I wish I had gotten that full coverage ;-)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Call a lawyer. I'm not sure if anything can be done. But they will give you a free consulation to see if you have a case. Thanks!

Forget about a lawyer, Just look at sales comps, for your auto. You have to show what the auto is worth. You will only get what the auto is worth period. You may get them to bump it for rental allowance. Even though you did not rent one. Did they look at the auto. If they drag there feet, small claims court is where you go...No lawyer. What insurance company, progressive, gieco, are pretty quick on giving you an offer. Because you don't have full coverage, you will have to do the negotiations.

Back