Part Time Agent

mlt

I was wondering if anyone has worked part time in the evenings if so how did it work out

I know of a young guy who was in college, the National Guard and was a successful insurance agent as well. From what I could tell, he was a very driven and conscientious individual. I would guess that he probably put in close to full time hours if not 40+ some weeks.

It's not easy to succeed in this business to begin with, much less part time. I would think you would have to have a very high commitment level and not just treat it as a sideline business to have any level of success. If you don't have a big natural market or book of business to tap into (or unless you work for a company that gives you a lot of leads as in the case of the agent I cited in the first paragraph) I can't see it really working.

It works for me. I have a full time job in evening and a part time agent in morning. It's just a matter of time management and the desire with the job as well.

My brother in law works part time selling insurance with a lot of success. The key, is having the ability to answer your phone during normal business hours which you may or may not have. He manages a shop during the day and sells insurance at night however his shop allows him to take calls so if a customer calls he can handle it.

I couldnt imagine having a customer call at 9am... 10am... 11am.. noon, etc... and not be able to get to their calls.

Back