Progressive Experience?

ModernArtist25

Hi all. I currently have Progressive insurance for my car and a month ago, I got in an accident, the person who hit my car is insured by WinHaven. Progressive told me that I have to contact WinHaven and give them a statement. Which I did and WinHaven asked me for the crash report so I gave them the crash report. I spoke to them this week and they said that they accept the liability but the estimate for how much they will pay for the car damage has not been approved yet and that it might take about a year to get it approved. I can’t wait that long to get my car fixed. I spoke to Progressive and asked if there is anything they can do to help me out and they told me that all they can do is ask WinHaven for the status of the claim but they can't keep calling WinHaven otherwise they can be sued for harassment. Have any of you guys have any similar experience with Progressive? I'm just upset that Progressive just left me to deal with WinHaven, such a headache

Do you have collision coverage on the case? If not, progressive really has no duty and really can't do much for you if the other party is at fault. I don't knew which state you're in, but to take one year to get approval is definitely unreasonable - are you sure that's what they said? Get it in writing and file a complaint with your state insurance deptartment.

Do you have an agent that you can call and ask to follow up?
Or did you buy the cheapest insurance you could find thru a 1-800 number and now you wonder why you don't have service?

A year?!? Sounds like a bad faith lawsuit just waiting to happen! Having come from claims, I really doubt that's what they said...

Insurance companies spend money each day a claim stays open, so it behooves them to settle as quickly as possible. Keep on 'em and/or escalate to WinHaven management, they'll get it approved soon.

Back