Progressive "Snapshot" Program

it is as harmless as useless. tracks time of driving, instantaneous speed and hard braking in excess of 7mph/sec. crap, unless you drive around your neighborhood it is impossible NOT to have several of these per day. It was fun though to monitor mine and my wife's driving. not to forget, they recommend not to exceed 30 miles daily LOL.

Great first post from the sexxx man

Howdy,

I've been with Progressive for about 4 years on 2 different policies in 2 different states - MyRate in Missouri and now SnapShot in AZ. When we moved to AZ, the insurance tech on the phone enabled the audible alarm that warns you when you are hard braking. The problem that I've found is that in both of our vehicles, the audible alarm doesn't always sound. If we are city driving along and a light changes, I can bring the vehicle to a stop without the audible alarm going off, but then I can go out to the website and review the driving averages, and there will be my hard break.

I've been going back and forth with Progressive on a course of action. All I really want is for the product to work as described, if its supposed to sound an alarm during a hard breaking sequence that is going to affect our discount, I want to know about it. They have offered to replace both SnapShot devices and I'll probably take them up on it, but I don't think replacing them is going to resolve the issue. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,
Grack

Howdy,

I've been with Progressive for about 4 years on 2 different policies in 2 different states - MyRate in Missouri and now SnapShot in AZ. When we moved to AZ, the insurance tech on the phone enabled the audible alarm that warns you when you are hard braking. The problem that I've found is that in both of our vehicles, the audible alarm doesn't always sound. If we are city driving along and a light changes, I can bring the vehicle to a stop without the audible alarm going off, but then I can go out to the website and review the driving averages, and there will be my hard break.

I've been going back and forth with Progressive on a course of action. All I really want is for the product to work as described, if its supposed to sound an alarm during a hard breaking sequence that is going to affect our discount, I want to know about it. They have offered to replace both SnapShot devices and I'll probably take them up on it, but I don't think replacing them is going to resolve the issue. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,
Grack

Yes Grack just get with Red Blooded American he is an Independent Insurance Broker in you state Arizona. He will get you with a very good company and better rate and coverage than progressive. You do not need to deal with those nosy company or a device in you car to spy on you.

Remember thou, Snapshot is only an ADDED discount, to the original quote, if you have bad results, your quoted rate wont go up.

I literally only have 2 clients with Snapshot, because Progressives rates are not good in AZ. It is my carrier of last resort

Progressive rates in MD are pretty bad too I had one client with Snapshot and she didn't earn the discount. My loss ratio with them is about 134% through Oct. and they will continue to get my high risk clients.

Anybody heard of this auto discount program available (for now only) in 20 states? Easily installed tracking device "tracks" your driving habits (speed, mileage, time of day,) and sends messsge to Progressive. Discounts are rewarded up to 30% off . Supposedly, Travelers is also looking into a similar program.

Too many pages to read so I apologize for any duplicate information.

I no longer represent them. What I remember is this:

It tracks:
1)what time you're driving, anything between 12 & 4 am is a no no if more than once a week.
2)how hard you break
3)I believe was how fast you accelerate, but I could be wrong on that one.

Device CANNOT make your premium go up as a of results and can give you up to a 30% discount.

Device must be installed for a 30 day period, transmit info, then stay attached for the remainder of the policy period.

I think this device would benefit the older clients since they do not drive much. I wounded who came up with that device and what else is telling progressive..whats hidden in there as well:skeptical:

I wondered that myself. How hard would it be for a device to access the black box in your vehicle and see the driving history of the car for any timeframe? As far as I know, almost every car manufactured includes a black box. I bet insurers would love to get that data to use in making rates.

Latest posts

Back