Progressive

munson

Expert
Have a situation where the POS was not able to confirm previous policy information. Says unable to confirm. Proof may be necessary. Anyone have experience with this? Will they ask for proof after selling this policy? Thanks

I had this and they will. Pretty easy though. If person got paperless it will continue to show up as incomplete. Just fax in an ID card or DEC page that will usually get it done.

Have a situation where the POS was not able to confirm previous policy information. Says unable to confirm. Proof may be necessary. Anyone have experience with this? Will they ask for proof after selling this policy? Thanks

Usually for prior insurance, not all companies subscribe to that data base, you just need to prove they had prior, usually a simple dec page.....

When I input that they are a homeowner and the POS does not find this, it says "Proof required" but in this case it says proof may be required. I wish they would be more definitive.

You need to send in proof, especially for NY, they will cancel the policy or uprate it.,

Either have them bring it in at the time of sale or progressive will send them a reminder email/mail and just follow up with them to send it.

I had to send in all those reminders lately... not sure if it's nyc related.

whenever they ask for proof, just send in what their asking for. for home owner, send in tax or insurance bill.

prior, send in the prior dec....

They give you like 30 days after the sale to submit it, but they will ask for it.

LOl, if they just bought the house, the tax records wont show they own a house, or if you wrote the policy in the wifes name and the house title is in the hubbys name it wont match...

LOL, take 2 aspirin, and guess what, DO YOUR JOB......

Back