Progressive TV AD

Some states do not allow a discount for buying through one distribution method over another.

i have tried to do quotes online and in person, and the rates to be the same even though Flo said you get discounts when you buy online.

I believe ANYTHING Flo tells me, now :)

stephaniecourteny.jpg

Her real name is Stephanie Courtney.

It is normally a 50 dollar discount and it is only good for the first policy period and then you lose the discount. I always get calls with progressive customers complaining their rates went up.

I agree the price should be the same if they use an agent or buy direct. My customers find out that I am much more expensive than buying direct. First they lose the discount for buying direct, Second I charge a $40 agency fee for all new policies.

I have found most people have no problem with the fee because they have me to speak with directly. Another thing is the people that have been upset with Progressive direct, I will rewrite them with progressivr the next day after they purchased online. (I POUND IN THEIR HEAD HOW IMPORTANT HAVING ME AS THEIR AGENT IS!)

Most people in my experiance whant an agent that knows them and their situations. They don't want to be a number and be treated like they could care less if they retain your business.

If I meet a progressive customer that bought online, I have a very very good chance I will be rewritting them soon! Oh and their Home, business, motorcycles, and boats. Not to mention my biggest money maker LIFE!

Always remind them of the service you provide for them! For me and many others like me, its a small price to pay for a little more security in knowing your coverage fits you in everyway you need.

Progressive online tends to leave out what I call "MOTHER IN LAW COVERAGE" People dont seem to see the value in rental coverage untill they need it. They also seem to get amnisia when they say you never tried to sell me PIP covg.

Document every conversation!

The point is....Let Progressive do all the adds they want, because the customers you want.... (Homeowners,Businness,Life and Health) will easily work with you when you help them realize the coverages they are missing out on. YOU ARE THE KEY TO THE SALE!

So if you run into the Progessive,Geico,The General, or Esurance customers....You have a gurarntied sale! Just let them know what they are missing!

Being an Independent Agent, I have no other option's than to sell me! And if you saw how ugly I am you would understand! IT'S NOT ALWAYS EASY!:D

I dont mind the commercials or the discounts. I cant take a current Progressive direct customer rewrite them and charge them an agency fee of $40 and they are still happy. They will be happy because they have an actual agent that makes sure their coverage is what they need,

Oh yeah, In the mean time I ussually pick up their Home, Business,Renters,Motorcycle,Boats, and Life at the same time.

Within a few days I WILL get a referral!

Remember to sell yourself and how valuable you are to them. Once you do, as long as you give them an annual review and return calls when they want to talk...You have a customer and referrals for life!

My customers rarely complain about the agency fee, as they know what they are getting from me being their agent.

Attachments

• Last-GEICO-Ad.jpg
    Last-GEICO-Ad.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 26
  • life.jpg
    life.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 30
I pay my Progressive every 6 months. I just not my next bill and man, it is almost half what it was last time. My niece/daughter is turning 19 now, and we are all getting older and no tickets. I was shocked when I saw the bill.

We call that gift and suprises where I come from.

I like having progressive and how easy their website is to use.

So your loyalty to the rest of us in the industry is worth the few bucks "gift" you save by buying your auto insurance online? Good thing you are getting older and so far have no tickets or accidents. Hope that foreign national you reach on their outsourced claims service when/if you do have an accident is a big help to you.:skeptical: I've read a lot of your posts, but this one really disappointed me.

Yeah, I thought the same thing..same guy who'd be crying if one of his clients went online to buy life insurance...

I was having more trouble figuring out the niece/daughter thing :err: marrying your sister...and then having a child DOES NOT make that child your niece/daughter:twitchy:

Back