Progressive TV AD

Mark

Guru
5000 Post Club
Georgia
I'm not the only one that has seen the progressive tv ad.

She is talking about discounts and if you buy online you get a discount.

What she is really saying is that if you buy from an agent, you don't get an discount and you just need to go online and get the discount.

I got a quotes from an agent and then went online and I saved money to avoid the agent.

Progressive don't need agents anymore.

I don't sell P and C, but man, it must make it hard if you sell progressive and people see the ads.

I'm not the only one that has seen the progressive tv ad.

She is talking about discounts and if you buy online you get a discount.

What she is really saying is that if you buy from an agent, you don't get an discount and you just need to go online and get the discount.

I got a quotes from an agent and then went online and I saved money to avoid the agent.

Progressive don't need agents anymore.

I don't sell P and C, but man, it must make it hard if you sell progressive and people see the ads.

Hmmmm. I've listened to some of the people on those lines and they don't know anything (or care) about car insurance. But then again the agent you saw in person might be no better.

But what's car insurance? It is just a commodity. One policy is the same as any other policy. Your net worth and future income probably won't ever be at risk in a car accident. The dreams and goals you and your lovely wife have for your future will probably never be affected by any kind of car accident. Your retirement will probably never come to a screeching halt because you look down at your radio for a split second to change channels to a Saturday Bulldog football game, thereby taking your eye off the road. And I'm sure a non-insured driver will never ever smash into your car and seriously injure you or your children. How many kids do you have? 4? I mean I've never really seen any serious injuries occur in car accidents. I've never seen bodies thrown in the ditch from car accidents. I've never seen 10 or 15 car pileups on the freeway. I've never heard of someone not being able to walk away from a car accident. I've never seen car accidents turn into multi-million dollar lawsuits.

But I'm glad you saved $50.00 on your car insurance. Plus you don't even have to talk to an agent. I'm sure the guy at the end of 1-800-dialinsurance cares how much protection you have if you were to get into a serious car accident (which it probably won't happen anyway...). And I'm sure he can really help you understand what protection your car insurance policy provides. I'm sure he can give you a good explanation in laymen's terms of what your policy provides.

I write with Progressive by the way. And it does suck they advertise like that. What sucks more is that Progressive seemingly appoints every independent agent in the world. Oh yeah and their commissions aren't as good as some other companies.

Buying online means no commission paid to agent, therefore there is a "discount".

You are assuming the costs to drive the consumer to the website, get the consumer to sign up, and retain the consumer are lower than the commission to an agent.

Can anyone show what the actual costs are versus commissions paid?

the rubber mets the road at claim time!! that's why I stick with a local agent I can get it cheaper but I don't care cause I want someone there when I need them.nothing is free?? the first ones to to bitch because of poor or untrained agents are the one's who purchased online or 800 number. I wish people would wake up and smell what the ROCK IS COOKIN'

I only pay attention to TV ads where the money is singing or where cavemen are bowling. Didn't realize there were other insurance companies out there??

My mother works for a P&C agency in NY which sells Progressive. They do get a substantial number of people coming in for help who bought direct at the discount. They have to turn them away and refer the back to the carrier. The people are usually pissed because they are not getting the service they need for saving the commission.

I believe it is the insurance co., with its commercial touting to go online for a discount, that will influence the extinction...not if I sell the product as a "commodity".

Back