Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Auto Insurance Forum

Reply to Progressive Verification     
Old 01-12-2017, 03:26 PM   #1
mbr82769 on Progressive Verification

State: mbr82769 is an Insurance Agent from
Progressive Verification Progressive Verification
Has anyone had the pleasure of dealing with this new verification process with Progressive. No human contact only the same emails sent over and over trying to verify garaging issues if things dont match up. Customer wanted to purchase the auto policy back on 1/6 and I am still going back and forth with an automated system with my verification documents..... arrgggh!! no number to call... at the mercy of automation?
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Progressive Verification
Old 01-12-2017, 04:05 PM   #2
Super Genius

State: KenP is an Insurance Agent from Florida
Progressive Verification Re: Progressive Verification
Originally Posted by mbr82769 View Post
Has anyone had the pleasure of dealing with this new verification process with Progressive. No human contact only the same emails sent over and over trying to verify garaging issues if things dont match up. Customer wanted to purchase the auto policy back on 1/6 and I am still going back and forth with an automated system with my verification documents..... arrgggh!! no number to call... at the mercy of automation?
Haven't run into this yet. What triggered this?
Old 01-13-2017, 11:57 AM   #3
Guru
BlockO on Progressive Verification

State: BlockO is an Insurance Agent from Ohio
BlockO is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
I've ran into this several times, but not like you described. this had nothing to do with emails. it happens one of two ways. one way is that while running a quote, the person gets flagged, saying that proof of garaging is needed before they will bind the policy. it takes 2-3 business days for them to process it after proof is sent.

whenever this happens, I move along to the next cheapest carrier... these people want insurance today... waiting that long will likely lose a sale.

the other way I've seen it happen is after the policy is active, the customer gets a letter in the mail, asking for proof of garaging. they get so many days to prove garaging address or the policy cancels. this isn't as big of a problem except when a customer procrastinates, and I don't find out about it soon enough.

but neither of those are new. I've seen both happen for well over a year.

Dan Lyles
Lyles Insurance

Serving Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Virginia and West Virginia.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:06 PM   #4
Super Genius

State: KenP is an Insurance Agent from Florida
With GEICO, I caught on to the fact it would often trigger a similar type of flag when the driver license or choicepoint/lexisnexis home ownership results didn't match with the location address on the application. I imagine Progressive is similar so I'd watch for that
Old 01-13-2017, 12:18 PM   #5
Guru

I've noticed several carriers becoming more proactive about garaging address... too many people living in big cities claiming to be living in small towns.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:46 PM   #6
mbr82769 on Progressive Verification

State: mbr82769 is an Insurance Agent from
Progressive Verification Re: Progressive Verification mbr82769 is the thread starter for: Progressive Verification

Customer had moved to new address over 3 or 4 months ago. But all garaging address verification has to be less than 60 days old. even the drivers license. What makes it very difficult is its only handled via email every 1 - 2 days once you submit your proof... so far its taken over 10 days of diligently providing everything they need to prove garaging location. Never seen underwriting handled this way.
Old 01-16-2017, 02:43 PM   #7
Super Genius
mplsmm on Progressive Verification

State: mplsmm is an Insurance Agent from Minnesota
Will they let you fax it in? I send all of my verifications to Progressive via fax and it seems to work well. I haven't gotten anything automated yet though. i log in, see the issue and fax it in and check the next day.
Old 01-22-2017, 03:31 PM   #8
Guru

State: indienoise is an Insurance Agent from South Carolina
Only went through this process once because it was a current client who was buying an escalade and progressive was the only (nonstandard) carrier who would take it. They responded to the address verification within 24 hours actually, but they didn't accept the documents we sent them, lol. So I convinced them to buy a different car. Normally when I get this message I just move on to a different carrier.
Old 01-23-2017, 01:52 AM   #9
Guru

Originally Posted by indienoise View Post
Normally when I get this message I just move on to a different carrier.

best thing you can do. to delay it means a customer walks away to the next agent.
Reply to Progressive Verification 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Auto Insurance Forum