Question About Car Insurance Trackers

cfarley

I read this and got scared if you google "just say no to progressives snapshot privacy alert" from ultra techlife it sounds like its not a good deal.

I'm shopping for car insurance. Is it true that the snapshot thing like they say in this article could actually increase my rate?

There is advertisements about this on tv but before I do this I need to know. Thanks

The snapshot, from what I understand, monitors your driving. If you tell them you don't go over the speed limit and only drive to church on Sundays, but you really do 20 over the limit routinely and put 1,000 miles a week on your car, they're likely going to raise your rates.

It's unclear what the bias of the author was, but odds are writing an article 'why progressives snapshot is harmless" likely wouldn't have the shock value the "just say no to progressives snapshot privacy alert" did.

I read this and got scared if you google "just say no to progressives snapshot privacy alert" from ultra techlife it sounds like its not a good deal.

I'm shopping for car insurance. Is it true that the snapshot thing like they say in this article could actually increase my rate?

There is advertisements about this on tv but before I do this I need to know. Thanks

Progressive spends a lot on marketing and it is reflected in their rates. If you have a clean record you'll be able to find much better rates with a different company.

I have the snapshot, my rates have been the same. When I look at the online report it usually says I have twenty violations a day. The thing beeps on the average of two a day. When a light goes yellow and I the right thing and not run it, even when I could make it through the entire yellow - beep. Someone cuts me off during rush hour - beep. It's worthless - I'm going to remove it tomorrow.

They are checking your annual mileage, how hard you break, how fast you accelerate and time of day you drive. You either get the discount by verifying qualifications or you don't... I've not seen any higher rates other than them taking the discount away if you were not truthful on the application.

Snapshot is a unique insurance program that gives you a personalized rate based on your driving. The better you drive, the more you can save, up to an extra 20 to 30 percent off our rate.

Back