Question Related to Insurance Claim - when Not at Fault

geru

i was in a 3 car accident- me being in middle.
as per police report the person who hit me was responsible, he also got a ticket for over speeding/rash driving.

i went to my insurance statefarm - they said as i had previous hail damage which i didnt get fixed + new damage , my car will be considered for total loss.

Question:
the person who hit me has insurance with Gieco -- will Gieco also consider the existing hail damage i have on my car.

should i get my claim processed through Gieco or my own insurance?

* i only went to my insurance -- as Gieco is trying to delay - they are saying some paper work is pending and they are in process. i dont have a second car- thats why i had to go to my insurance.

please suggest - Thanks in advance for your valuable inputs

you need to add a little more information for an agent to get a good grasp on your situation.....

1. how much was the hail damage? (although that's irrelevant from Geico's standpoint as far as paying, not sure how it works along with your accident... that probably varies state to state)

2. how much was the damage from the accident?

3. how much is your vehicle worth?

4. what state did this happen in?

Last edited:
yeah, we need a little more info to be of much help

I can tell you that here (SW Ohio) GEICO tends to move pretty quickly and want to settle claims. If current damages bring the car close total loss threshold, they will appraise the car for a pre-this-claim value and go from there.....meaning that they'll consider the hail damage at that point too.

Back