Quomation; Comparative Rater

bobson

Guru
1000 Post Club
Does anyone here use Quomation? I really like what I see and for the price it can't be beat.

Anyone have any real experience. I know I closed a Kemper package deal because I had the trial version ($2100 in premium).

They are based in Utah and have established a great reputation in the states around their home base. (NM, AZ, NV, UT). They have now started branching out to the Midwest. I have met with agency owners using Quomation in many of their states and overall they cannot be beat for their price. The agents love them and stick with them. They are very responsive to your needs as a customer and develop relationships with the carriers that are as solid as the agent relationships. I give them a big thumbs up.

PS: They entered the states of MO and IA about two years ago and the headway they have made in these two states speaks well for them.

Gulliver

I was a test agent for quomation in NM about 5-6 years ago. Loved the product back then and great price.

Since opening my latest scratch agency I have been doing it all manually But, am ready to take the rater plunge again.

I use InsurancePro as my management system and was waiting around for their Turbo Rater to be available in my state. But, simply can't wait anymore. I went on the Quomation website last night to get the free 15 day trial and am expecting a call from quomation this morning.

If you are using quomation now, what is the price that you are paying? Is there wiggle room for negotiating price? Do you pay by computer that it is installed on? When I left my other agencies (3 years ago) I believe that the price was around 250.00 a quarter. But, can't remember the specifics.

I was a test agent for quomation in NM about 5-6 years ago. Loved the product back then and great price.

Since opening my latest scratch agency I have been doing it all manually But, am ready to take the rater plunge again.

I use InsurancePro as my management system and was waiting around for their Turbo Rater to be available in my state. But, simply can't wait anymore. I went on the Quomation website last night to get the free 15 day trial and am expecting a call from quomation this morning.

If you are using quomation now, what is the price that you are paying? Is there wiggle room for negotiating price? Do you pay by computer that it is installed on? When I left my other agencies (3 years ago) I believe that the price was around 250.00 a quarter. But, can't remember the specifics.
$250 per quarter sounds about right.

I don't believe there is any wiggle room. $250 a quarter is correct for as many companies as you need on up to 10 computers. The other guys charge per company per line of business. We'd be lucky to have it for $250 a month!

That's correct, It's $250 a quarter. And there is a list of the states that Quomation is offered in...

(copy/paste into address bar)

quomation.com/state-locator.asp

Some of these states (listed below) are shown as "Coming Soon" but are available right now. Just call the sales number after clicking on which state you're interested in.

CA
TX
ID
WI
KY
TN
FL
CT
Virginia

After subscribing to Quomation's comparative rater we soon discovered that every quote we ran resulted in the wrong rates being returned and having to go back and modify each companies quote with the individual companies software to get an accurate quote. Save your money and buy another raters software that actually works.

I use Silverplume PL rater and love it. Every rate is just about dead on with the carriers. They do real time rates and manufactured rates for carriers that do not participate in real time yet. They have just about every auto company under the sun too. They just recently launched a great tool for your website which allows a customer to go to your site and get real time rates from your auto carriers. I use both. You can click on my auto insurance link below and check out the online rater for clients to use and get a feel for it. I am in Florida but I am sure that they offer it in most states too.

Jon

Back