Recent Claim Under License Florida\Texas

James658

Hello,

I just moved to Texas from Florida a few weeks ago and haven't changed over to a Texas License or Registration yet. Today I was in a fender bender that was my fault. No ticket was given. My car was not really damaged but the other persons was. Called in the claim to my new 3 week old Texas insurance for them (which is under my Florida License). Question: when I change to a Texas license will that claim follow me to the new license via my record? Or if I switch companies after the claim is paid will I have a clean record show up on the new license? Just trying to see if their is a way to loose this claim via timing with my move and license change. Any creative advice will be appreciated!

Bottom line is insurance companies are smarter than that.
Your best bet is to switch companies BEFORE the claim is paid but after it is filed. May not work, but the claim may not show up for a while.

Claims are usually tracked on a clue report so it will follow you. Usually only tickets dissapear when you change license states.

He is right. Accidents go on a national report and follow you for usually 5 years or so. Tickets may not follow as only some states report tickets to other states. That list is growing as technology is being upgraded.

Back