Rejecting Personal Injury Protection

What is your agency's practice on PIP? Do you ever have people reject it? Do you always automatically included it? Do you offer a deductible?

I have been selling for a year now and am just curious about how everyone else handles PIP coverage.

What State are you in?

PIP cannot be rejected in states I am familiar with. I'm in OH (a Med Pay state) and did quite a bit of work in KY. While it can technically be rejected in KY, doing so generally pushes the liability rates higher. It's cheaper in most cases to just take the PIP, and a whole lot less hassle.

I am in KY. For people who are just looking for 'the cheapest way possible' I have quoted it with a deductible. I have never had anyone reject it even though it does lower the rate. I was just curious if anyone offers PIP options or just included the coverage as it is.

I have never heard about rejection of PIP, it even though it does lower the rate. their is a detailed info on INSURE-HEAVEN page.visit it for more ..

You've never heard of rejecting PIP coverage? I'm assuming you're in Texas from what your website shows. PIP is optional in Texas and if rejected, the insured must sign/initial that part of the app confirming they are aware of that.

PIP is optional here but i always try to include it on all standard/preferred policies. I include it as added value on any nonstandard case that i am beating the pants off their current price. PIP and accidental death are both great for that. It does not have a deductble in my state. It's also usually only for somewhere between 500 to a max of 5k. Don't see many carriers, if any, offer higher than that.

Back