Rental Expense & Body Shop Problems

INSUREGEEK

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Ohio
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Sell the highest rental car coverage limits available!! True stories from the body shop this week:

2001 Honda Accord. Has $1000 Collision ded. Zero rental coverage. We find additional damage & repair gets delayed from the original estimated repair time. Guy is screaming at me - not his agent - at me, the body shop manager because he's out of pocket on the rental and I can't get the parts I need to fix his 15 year old car. Meanwhile I'm just hoping he actually shows up with his $1000 deductible when we're done. He's going to lay out more cash than that car is worth.

2014 Ford F150. Not driveable. Parts are on backorder because Ford put all their eggs in the 2015 aluminum body basket and quit making steel beds for a while. It's a work truck. He rented a truck at $75/day. His insurance pays $25/day. I have NO earthly idea when repairs will be completed. He'll run out of rental coverage for sure, and I guarantee he took the additional $20/day "insurance" from Enterprise.

2009 BMW. Sat here for 2 weeks before his 1-800-lizard insurance showed up to inspect it. Parts have to ship on a slow boat from Germany. He'll be screaming at me too when his rental gets cut off before I've even started on his car.

2014 Honda Odyssey. She knocked off the passenger side rearview mirror. She deemed it not driveable because a cop told her she could get a ticket for not having a mirror. She had AAA tow it to the shop. There's a camera in that mirror and it also a special order item than once installed, has to go to a Honda dealer for "programming". She'll run out of rental too.

Please heed my warning before I start telling MY customers to call their agents. :twitchy:

Back