Safeco Vs Erie

Honest answer: I would be happy to go with either one, if only they would take me! :no:

About a year ago, I tried to get a direct appointment with both.... No luck!

A safeco rep did visit my office and was very friendly. But she couldn't help me with getting an appt. She said that without going through a cluster, they want to see about a million dollar book of business for a direct appt. Epic fail there!

I applied to Erie online but never got a response back. So apparently, they don't want me either!

To answer the OP's question, If I had to choose between the two, I'd probably go with Erie, based solely on the feedback I've read on this forum from other agents. Agents who do have Erie seem very happy with them.

Safeco, they write just about everything......

Auto, home, umbrella, motorcycle, classic car, RV's quads, boats etc. motorhomes.......virtually everything personal lines

They both like preferred business. Your typical married, homeowner, college educated, 2 car family would be their type of cliental.

If you are a recent start up, Erie would be your only option if you could get appointed. If you have a decent book why not look at getting both !

I find safeco to be competitive in Auto but not so much on property. Erie is not in AZ so do not know much about them.

Try again with erie if you are still working, they are very slow and you have to call and leave messages several times.

Back