Settlement/claim Against Chubb?

Norton

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I'm a life agent, so I don't know anything about how auto collisions are handled... Here's what happened to my wife recently, and I'd appreciate any insight you can share on what I might expect.
A few weeks after giving birth to our daughter, my wife was driving alone in our 2014 Jeep and was rear-ended in a school zone by a 16-yr-old girl driving the new BMW her parents gifted her. Nice. It caused about $3500 in damage to the rear bumper, exhaust and surrounding parts. The wife was diagnosed with a concussion and a neck/back sprain, and was treated by a chiropractor for the next couple months. Although she was on maternity leave at the time, she needed an extra six weeks to recover before returning to work.
We got PIP coverage to pay a portion of lost wages and of course the car damage was repaired, without a deductible. However, we didn't get full payment of her lost wages, we had to pay $1000 deductible for medical expenses that our company said should be reimbursed by the other girl's company (Chubb), and we now have a car that's been in a collision and likely isn't worth as much when we sell it or trade it in. On top of that, my wife went through a difficult and uncomfortable time while healing and trying to bond with our newborn daughter, so pain and suffering would be something I'd expect we can claim, as well.
I know this isn't a legal forum and we're just sharing experiences and thoughts here... But do some of you have an idea of how a claim will be handled by Chubb, what sort of experience I might have with them, what to expect for lost value and pain/suffering claim values, etc?

I wouldn't expect to gain anything from claiming diminished value on your vehicle. I can't really speak to what you can expect in punitive damages in Florida - if I remember correctly, there's some kind of threshold you need to reach in order to have a successful claim. The PI firm I used to work for avoided handling small to medium sized claims in no-fault states, for obvious reasons. And yes, you should get your deductible reimbursed.
Being on the other side of the fence now, it kind of surprises me that I never once handled a claim with Chubb, but I haven't - so I can't comment on what kind of experience you might have in dealing with them.

Back